“A past favorite that let us down”
Review of Prime Steakhouse

Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Description: Savor every rich detail. Award-winning, four-star celebrity chef and restaurateur, Jean-Georges Vongerichten invites you to realize steakhouse dining at its finest with prime steak, seafood and lamb accompanied by fabulous sauces, sides and meticulously selected wines. Ensconce yourself in the establishment's handsome chocolate brown and delicate Tiffany blue décor – the elaborate design of Michael DeSantis. To further enhance your experience, prominent pieces of artwork are on display including three commissioned paintings by Carlo Maria Mariani, George Deem and Michael Gregory, as well as a water-themed canvas screen created by Joseph Raffael. A garden patio provides the perfect outdoor setting for a tranquil dining experience.
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We love this place. Such great memories. But this time, we were kinda shocked how it changed.

Don’t get me wrong, this place oozes elegance! It’s beautifully decorated, amazing views of the Bellagio fountains, and simple put, high class. And with that comes a high price tag. I know that. I expect that. We are far from cheap people. We have never had an issue paying high prices for quality product.

Now. To our disappointing evening. The last time we ate here (which was our 2nd time) was 2 years ago. The menu prices have seemed to increase significantly since we ate here last. A petite filet $69? French onion soup $19? A side of Mac & cheese $17? A baked potato $17 or maybe $19? Okay- fine. It is what it is. But when the portions come out way smaller than you are expecting...that’s where we had a problem. Comparing to Ruth’s Chris, you order a side for around $10 and it feeds 3-4. Our sons wanted to share the Mac & cheese and it wasn’t enough. For $19, you’d think they’d have plenty. They even ordered a Caesar salad to share for $19 and let’s say again, not a shareable portion! Then we laughed when we ordered the chocolate cake with ice cream and the cake was the size of a lemon. Really?

Again, charge the high prices if you want. But give a respectable amount of food. We love to eat at nice steak houses when we travel and usually the portions are huge. And from what I remember two years ago, these were too. Usually we order several sides & salads to share, having leftovers to take home. Not the case. We easily paid over $400 last night and my teenage sons walked away a bit hungry. Even the baked potato was small my husband complained. And to add insult to injury- the steaks were okay. We’ve definitely had better.

And one last disappointment- service was a letdown. Our server never introduced himself and we honestly werent even sure he was our server or not until he actually took our order.

I’m not trying to bash Prime. I’m really not. We were just so disappointed because we’ve had different experiences in the past.

2  Thank bkdj96
Write a ReviewReviews (2,182)

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Had the pleasure of eating here with my family and friends celebrating my 40th birthday. I love Las Vegas and this is one of my fav spots. They took care of us from start to finish. Great appies and dinner. Food was fantastic. Drinks were fast and tasty. They even brought me little dessert cakes for my birthday. I felt very spoiled. Thank you Prime. See you next time.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to Prime at least 20 times. I have never been disappointed. Everything on the menu is delicious. The atmosphere is second to none. If you are gonna complain that it’s expensive then maybe you shouldn’t be in the Bellagio to begin with.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Party of 13! We all could engage in the conversation! The waitstaff was great, the food was great and the wine was great. We entertained clients and we are always worried when in Vegas, you just never know what you are going to get. We got lots of greats and many thanks to Prime for making a great evening!

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We tend to hit at least 1 steakhouse when we travel. Miami, Boston, NYC, Charlotte, etc, etc. This was a top 5. $185 for 2 no alcohol. Filet was delicious Medium plus. Black pepper crusted NY strip 10 oz well done excellent. Creamy Yukon mashed good. French Onion soup delicious. Would repeat.