“Worth checking out”
Review of Zia Records

Zia Records
Ranked #58 of 178 Shopping in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Cool record store that is maybe 10-15mins off the strip? I think they have two locations in Vegas actually. Great record selection with good prices plus a decent Sale/used section (got Built To Spill keep it like a secret for 10 bucks!). Also heaps of shirts/comics/toys ect lots of cool stuff. Staff were friendly and not pretentious in the slightest (a common theme of indie record stores). Def worth checking out

All reviews
"record store"
"cds"
"comic"
"concert"
"vegas"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This place is one of my husband's favorite places to go while we're vacationing in Vegas, usually twice a year. He finds lots of good CDs and concert DVDs, usually too many. We spend about an hour here, but you could probably easily spend even more time if you want to look through everything, as they have a lot.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Good selection, Tons of cds's, dvds, comics, books, kitchy rock baubles and vinyl. Vinyl was as as pricey as can be expected. Can find some decent deals if you look hard enough,

Reviewed 18 December 2014

One of our favorite things to do during our vacations in the Southwest of US amongst others is visiting the local music stores, mainly ones that have used CDs and vinyl. As hunters and collectors my wife and me love flipping through bins, never knowing what to find next.

Everytime when we are spending the beginning and the end of our southwest vacations in LV the opportunity of visiting ZIA, located at the Eastern Ave is an absolutely must. I'm a serious record-collector and the first time I stumbled across ZIA I was amazed how much stuff they have. Lots of new & used CDs, DVDs, records, books etc. And what's absolutely great, their used stuff is no crap - everything in a good condition. Lots of bargain tables with CDs at a price range from 1 buck or a little more. Furthermore a large offer of brandnew Vinyl.

During our last 4 visits between 2009 and 2014 I bought around 40 or 50 records (mostly printed in the US) and listening to them after returning to Germany, their quality was satisfying (no cracks, scratches, pops etc. - mostly no cover damages).

Their price range for used common rock-records goes from 1,99 $ up to decent $$ for rarer records. And their used stuff, especially the records, are mostly in a stunning condition (record & cover). I think ZIA takes a lot of care about the records (and other stuff) which customers bring in to sell/trade.

Unfortunately ZIA has hardly any used uncommon metal-stuff in stock which my wife likes (Viking, Pagan, Melodic Power from Europe especially Scandinavia). But this is a problem everywhere in the record stores in the US of A we have noticed so far - expensive imports you know!
And - if you are looking for Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd classic records, especially first or maybe second editions of them - forget it! Never saw any record of the bands mentioned before. The last time (October 2014) I asked one guy of the staff, why they don't have anything in stock of this bands every time I have visited ZIA and that they possibly try to sell it at certain auctions in the internet, the guy gave an hesitating answer, which didn't satisfy me. Anyway - it's their good right to do so.

ZIA has a big parking lot in front of the building and their staff is very friendly & helpful. For a record collector who is looking for common rock music on used vinyl in good quality or vinyl-reissues ZIA is the place and I can recommend ZIA without any exception.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Pretty much impossible to check this place out and not leave with something. The selection is vast, and they carry new and used CD's, DVD's and Books, along with so many accessories and fun stuff. They do take trades for cash or store credit and best to get a Zia card as then you accumulate points on your purchases which will get you deals on merchandise. there are 2 locations, they are open late, and they are cool. Check them out.