“Excellent, once again!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Slovakia
“Excellent, once again!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

After such a great experience at this hotel during our previous stay, we decided to stay at this place again. No smelly smoky crowded casinos, no 2 mile walk to get from your car to your room. Cozy and convenient.
This place has a wonderfully equipped kitchen. It's nothing like home, but good enough for making your favorite home made meals. I'm very picky when it comes to food and neither my husband nor I tried breakfasts or managers specials. Not because they're bad, just because we like something different and at this hotel we had a great ability to stick to our choices.
Separate bedroom area was great when my husband needed to get some work done and I wanted to watch TV. Staff was, just as the last time, very attentive with no issue to point out. What I would bring to your attention is that rooms are a little worn and they are not luxurious or high end. But they do offer what most people need and probably a bit more and very very clean.
I've been recommending this place to all of my friends :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank StefiSlovakia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My family stayed here the week of Feb. 20, 2012. Our stay was wonderful & it was perfect for parents with kids..mine are ages 12 & 17. We orginally booked the one bedroom but easily upgraded upon arrival to the 2 bedroom & we don't regret that for a moment. Having two bathrooms & two showers was very convient when getting ready. The complimentary breakfast & happy hour were an added bonus & we took full advantage of them every day. It was also most helpful to have laundry facilities on the premisis. I would definaltey recommend Desert Rose to anyone traveling to Vegas.

Room Tip: we had a room in bldg 1 which is where the laundry is...if thats important to you!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sueh33804
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My 13 year old daughter had a dance competition in Vegas at the Orleans hotel. They were booked so we scrambled to find another place to stay. I was attracted to this resort because the rooms are set up like tiny apartments. It felt really relaxing, as if we were home....with the living room, roomy kitchen and even a dining area! My 10 year old son loved the tv in the living room and my daughter and I watched in the bedroom. The decor was cheery and warm and the place was immaculate! The couch was comfortable and so were the beds. I was able to cook a few times and found the kitchen working perfectly. There are no casino slot machines so there was no smoking which was a huge plus! It was within walking distance of the MGM Grand where we ate dinner. The breakfast at the hotel was pretty good...dissapointed that there were no pastry or bagels, just toast. However, the coffee was Starbucks...piping hot! The pool area was great. Only complaint was that the inside rooms are dark so ask for one facing the outside or the pool, NOT the inner courtyard area which was a bit depressing staring at hotel walls and walkways. This hotel was very quiet so we slept quite well! The only annoyance was that it took quite some time to get across Las Vegas AVe to get my daughter to her events at the Orleans as you are competitng with airport traffic. I reccomend this hotel for families!

Room Tip: ask for a room NOT facing the inner courtyard....there are four complexes and each has an inner cour...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vacationfromvacation
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Desert Rose is just the place to stay. Away from the hustle and bustle of the Strip and cacophonic noise of a Casino. The units are very well equipped and furnished. The complimentary wifi service was great for organizing activities. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and accomodating. The complimentary continental breakfast was a perfect way to start the day.
We're looking forward to returning to the Desert Rose the next time we go Vegas and we definitely would recommend this resort to our friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west and north sides have a better view of the Neon Lights at Night.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KLH1956
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Hello everybody.As you can see posted here the Desert Rose Resort is a very good place to stay in Las Vegas.It is close to the strip.It is convenient given that you have a small kitchen.It offers the one or two bedroom option.They offer free drinks in the evening with some very cheap finger food and a cheap continental breakfast in the morning.So regarding the free stuff they do it as cheap as possible.However it is free but not as good as one may think.I have been going here every year for the last 5 years for one week.It is usually around Sept-Nov time of the year.Every year it has been a slam dunk for price comparison and value but things have changed.Last year a Mon-Fri one bedroom unit cost me $403.Very good for what you get.This year you pay $656 ???. So it is quickly now not such a good deal and I must shop around.The Trip Adviser Rating has dropped from 1 or 2 to 7 at the time of this posting.Its too bad they do this as they had a good thing going for many repeat customers.If you have any questions on this place please ask and I will tell you what I know.

BTW if you so decide to pay the extra money to stay here avoid the back units.The garbage truck arrives early in the morning unloading the garbage dumpsters.The noise will wake you.......its like a clap of thunder for 30 min straight.And that my friends is the unbiased truth.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Avoid the back units as stated in my post.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family