“A walk back in time”

Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton
More attraction details
Owner description: The newly revised show for 2014 takes Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton to a whole new level. Brian's expert portrayal of Red Skelton has brought to life more pantomimes, skits and one man routines that truly capture Red Skelton's persona. Laugh with Clem Kadiddlehopper, giggle with Gertrude and Heathcliffe, feel the love of Freddy the Freeloader. Add a little "Guzzlers Gin" and you'll be Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton, America's favorite clown prince.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A walk back in time”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Go back to a time when life was much more simple than it is today. People would look you in the eye, and a handshake was your agreement that was binding. This show should be seen by all ages, for sure by the 55 years and older crowd, but really it should be seen by all the younger people that never had the chance to see REAL comedy. The simple comedy, when you could laugh just looking at an entertainment experience. The highest rating for anyone looking for pure enjoyment, and just maybe a tear brought to your eyes. The best experience you can enjoy from a time long ago lost to most of us.

10 Thank Mick1948
RedSkelton, Owner at Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Hello Mick,

So glad you feel this show is great for all ages and you think it is "real comedy".
I do my best to capture the essence of Red's beliefs in every show and with a nice review like this, I know it connected with you.
Wishing you and yours success in all you do and may God bless.

New England
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“If you like comedy, this is a Vegas "Must See".”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Defiantly worth putting on your "To Do" list when in Vegas. The show had the room laughing from beginning to end. Brian Hoffman has Red Skeltons' character down pat. Afternoon show was very convenient.. Located in the Westin Casuarina, it is a short three minute walk from Bally's. It is a cozy theater with very comfortable armchairs.
Brian: "Break a Leg" & MGB.

Visited February 2012
Thank you for letting people know this is a great show for their to do list. Glad you feel it is a must see.
I am truly thankful for people like you who take the time to tell people about my tribute to Red Skelton. I will work hard to ensure his routines and spirit lives in Vegas.

Wishing you success in all you do and may God bless.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“A wonderful trip to our past”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had seen ads for Brian's show one time last year when he was in the D.C. area, and wanted to see the show. We didn't get there, and were happy to see him in Vegas. I's 90 minutes of Red Sketon's corny jokes, and characters such as Klem Kaddlehopper and Freddie the Freeloader. It's a wonderful show, especially for the older crowd. We were huge Red Skelton fans, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The small theater has big, overstuffed lounge chairs for very comfortable seating. See this show if you get the chance.

Visited February 2012
Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for coming to see my Vegas show. I love doing the corny jokes Red use to do and am thankful to people like you who appreciate them as much as I do.

Wishing you nothing but the best in all you do and may God bless.

Ann Arbor
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“My 80-year-old parents loved this show”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Until the last couple of minutes of the show, Mr. Hoffman uses Red Skelton's material exclusively. At that point, he explains that he's about to speak as Brian Hoffman, and shares a bit of his personal history with the audience. Other than that, all material is from Red.

I am 48. My parents 80. I remember Red Skelton, but of course, he's much more memorable to my parents' & grandparents' generation. My parents loved this show - they laughed and laughed. They were were so impressed with Mr. Hoffman's abilities to mirror Red Skelton. They said he was just a perfect impersonator of Red. I must admit I grew a bit restless.

The material Mr. Hoffman uses from Red Skelton's extensive repetoire is made up mostly short jokes, with a few skits and pantomimes woven in. These are a refreshing change from the relentless one-liners. And, towards the end, Mr. Hoffman used a couple of Red's jokes that are simply no longer appropriate. They reference nationalities (partcularly Mexico) in a non-flattering way. Those types of jokes are for a past reality and need to be put into permanent retirement. I was quite uncomfortable - others in the audience were laughing, and I do not support any encouragement of an entertainer to disparage others.

The theater is quite unusual; it seats approximately 80 and all the chairs are deeply comfortable, padded armchairs with a small side table. In advance of the show, a server takes drink orders, which are delivered throughout the show. The server is very discreet, and I did not find her to be the least bit distracting. It's rather nice to be able to have a beverage during a live show.

As reported by other reviewers, Mr. Hoffman is available to guests before and after the show. He actively works with a partner to take tickets, directing ticket-holders to their seats, etc. At the end of the show, when he's left the Red Skelton character and lets the audience know he's now speaking as Brian Hoffman, he makes a point of educating the audience on the business arrangement he has with the Westin. He rents the theater from the Westin. To help him build his business, he references Trip Advisor and encourages guests to write a review. I wasn't sure how to handle this information; on the one hand, there's everything right with a businessman using ethical means to build his business On the other, I found his approach to be vaguely pleading, with a hint of desperation in his tone.

I certainly wish Mr. Hoffman well; he knows his material very well. He's researched Red Skelton heavily, and it shows in his deliverty. And, as I said above, my parents simply loved the performance.

Visited February 2012
I want to thank you for writing such a detailed review. I'm so glad your parents really enjoyed the show. I do my best to represent the man I impersonate and have researched him heavily.
Glad you noticed and thank you for the well wishes.

Wishing you and your parents success in all you do and may God bless.

New Richmond, Wisconsin
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A wonderful Tribute to Red”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I had free time in the afternoon and I had remembered this Red Skelton show. We took a taxi to the show, were able to secure tickets (2 for 1 internet special) and had a wonderful time reliving Red Skelton's comedy. Brian Hoffman truly did a remarkable representation to a truly great man. The manerism of Red, jokes, and story of his life was very well done. Red Skelton was a family favorite growing up, and it was fantastic to see it again thru a tribute show. Keep up the good work Brian! Recommend for all ages.

Visited February 2012
RedSkelton, Owner at Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Hello RangerRick8,
So glad to have you and your wife see the show. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your Vegas Vacation and re-live Red Skelton's memories.
Thank you for recommending this show for all ages.

Wishing you success in all you do and may God bless,
Brian Hoffman~Red Skelton Impersonator

Travellers who viewed Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton also viewed