“Best hotel experience we have ever had!”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney
“Best hotel experience we have ever had!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

From the minute you walk into the lower lobby of the Mandarin Oriental, to when you check out, you will experience absolutely awesome service. We recently stayed for 5 nights, and will definitely stay here when we next return to Vegas! Every single staff member we met went above and beyond to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. Every last thing that you could possibly need was thought of and included in the room for your convenience. With every hotel that we have ever stayed at, there has always been at least one negative point. With the Mandarin Oriental, there was no negative! It is in a fantastic location (right in the city centre), close to just about everything you could want. Everything about this hotel is luxurious. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 22 February 2012

So get this. I proposed to my fiance in the bath. The ring was 3 sizes too big. We go out for dinner and I suggest we put the ring in the hotel safe in case it falls off. She wants to wear it. At dinner it falls off and the place is cleared while staff with flash lights look for it. She checks her purse one more time. She finds it. It dropped off her hand into her purse. I tell her I will take it from here and I put the ring on my inside pant pocket. We take a cab back to the Mandarin. I get up to the 23rd floor and realize that I don't have the ring. We go back down. I tell Jonathan the door man what has happened. I ask him if he can get the cab back that dropped us off. He said that he would get security to check the video and call the cab company. I got a cab to take me back to the restaurant to retrace my steps. No luck. When I return to the Mandarin, Jonathan informs me that the cab is on the way back. When it arrives it's the wrong cab...the driver and I don't recognize each other. They check the video again. They call the cab company and the car has been retired for the night and we can't have access to it until 8am. I go to bed, my fiance is extremely upset and we aren't sleeping when the phone rings at 3am. Jonathan has recovered the ring from the cab company. I go downstairs and get it from him. Without one exception, this was the kind of dedication, concern, and commitment we experienced from every single person that served us...thank you to all of you (especially Jonathan of course) !!! If you haven't got it yet from this review and all the others this is a total experience, not just a five star hotel...Four Seasons take note :)

2 Thank Keving2009
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed three days in a city view suite at the Mandarin Vegas. The hotel does not have a casino and has a much different character as a result. We found the Mandarin to be a relaxing escape from the noise and hustle of the Vegas strip. The hotel has high end amenities such as large soaking tubs, electronically controlled drapes and lighting, great audio and video equipment and more. We took advantage of the on-site spa for a great massage. The bistro in the hotel was a great spot for morning coffee or a quick, delicious meal. The service at the Mandarin was exceptional from beginning to end. One minor note was that we could hear late night party-ers out on the street, though they were muted...some parts of Vegas are unavoidable I suppose. I would definitely stay here again. We paid $400/night for our three night stay, and got a roll-away bed for the suite so that we could accommodate three people in the room. This arrangement worked out very well.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, corner suite. we were on the 9th floor and had some issues with street noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I came out to LV to join my husband who had been staying at the Venetian with his colleagues. We stayed one night there together and then moved to the MO where we spent six nights. We had a strip view suite with great views. Every last thing had been thought about to ensure that your every need was met within the room.

I have some minor criticisms. When we arrived the desk lamp was not working and when we left six days later the desk lamp was still not working, surprised that the turn down service person did not have the initiative to report it. It was not a big deal to us and couldn't be bothered to waste our time reporting maintenance issues. Also when we arrived I picked up three used dried out disposable contact lenses from the toilet floor, a third had fused itself to the marble when we checked out it was still there. Not a big deal but maybe along with the dust on the side of the bedside cabinet it hints that the housekeeping is not quite as it should be. Most importantly the bed was really comfortable.

Having said all that the staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful - all of them. The room service is really good and the food that is delivered is tasty. Very large portions though as we discovered so the next time we ordered room service we had one meal to share, which was accordingly plated up on two plates with two settings at the table.

Breakfast at the MO is really good, the yoghurt with granola was my favourite, but the smoked salmon bagel is good if you have a large appetite, though I noticed they are happy to box up what you can't manage if you might fancy it later. One moan here as well. We arrived for breakfast one morning and were told there would be a twenty minute wait, indeed people were waiting in the corridor - just stood there. We said that wasn't acceptable, the duty manager Patrick came, apologised for the situation and we agreed to have breakfast in our room for which we were not charged. This was not ideal as we were keen to get out and enjoy our day and it slowed us down but better than standing in a corridor like a queue for a soup kitchen. one more thing a big thank you to David who served us our breakfast most mornings.

Overall this was a really good stay. I did not like the casino hotels, they we too large and smokey, this was calm normality and was a great escape from the strip!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We were completely at peace when we entered this hotel. The decor is very elegant in its simplicity. The staff was friendly and professional. There's a casino next door at the Aria which is very easy to access. We stayed in a city scape room and had a wonderful night view of the strip. We had a couples massage and it was the best massage I 've ever had. The food at the Mozun Bistro was the best meal I had in Las Vegas. The suite was huge with a sitting room and a huge bathroom. Everything was first class and beautifully decorated. There isn't a coffee maker in the room but they had 3 selections of tea and a hot water carafe. If you wanted you could bring instant coffee. The gym was also well equipped and provided water, fruit, and chilled towels.