“Great pool”

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #55 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Had a great time at the Paris Sept 19th to 24th. Upgraded to a Red room on the 25th floor, didn't see a standard blue room so can't offer a comparison but the room was fine. Maid service was exceptional while service in the restaurants was hit and miss. Sugar factory was a good choice for lunch but once it got busy at dinner they seemed to drop the ball a few times. Pool at the Paris is great lots of room lots of places to sit but try to hold off drinking until after 4 pm when mixed drinks are 7 dollars instead of 14 and beer dropped 7 to 3.50
buckets of 5 from 35 to 17.50. The gym is 25 dollars a day if you're interested and there is no free wifi at this hotel 15 dollars for 24 hours. We dropped in to Aromi D'Italia in the miracle mile for a coffee and free wifi. In front of Planet Hollywood is a game push to win but you must be a rewards card member to play which they will tell you after you've stood in line for 10 minutes. If you feel you want to try your luck sign up and then line up. If you want to quench your thirst from standing in line try the chandalier bar across the street. The middle bar (there are 3 floors) makes a drink using Szechuan buttons (a small flower) you chew the flower and then taste the drink. The effect is pretty cool, it's not on the menu but I think it is a Verbena drink they'll know what you are talking about.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mapleguy
Write a ReviewReviews (25,552)

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Gorgeous view and perfect location. Service not the best, but how often are you IN the hotel in Vegas. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed at the Paris for 4 days Sept. 11-15, 20011. This was our third visit to Las Vegas and our third stay at The Paris. We choose The Paris because of our past experiences at the hotel and also because of its location - in the centre of The Strip and close to lots of attractions. We were greeted by a very friendly woman who checked us in and she gave us a free upgrade. We had booked a luxury room and usually we would get a view of Ballys and the mountains; this time we still had the luxury room but the view was of the pool and part of The Strip. With the exception of one rude waitress at the Café, everyone at The Paris was friendly and very helpful. Our weather wasn't that great but we did spend a few hours by the pool one day- the pool is great, water was not too cold, and it is larger than you think when you start swimming. We ordered a drink and although they couldn't make exactly what we wanted they improvised and we received a refreshing strawberry daiquari with a touch of banana liqueur. Yummmmm! My reviews of the Café and Mon Ami Gabi can be found under their respective names on TripAdvisor. I did CSI:The Experience and we ate at Canelletto's in the Venetian Hotel and you can read my reviews of those experiences on TripAdvisor. Check out was a breeze. When I was on the plane going home I realized that I had left my prescription and non-prescription medication in the hotel room. Upon my return home I called The Paris and spoke to Nellie (not sure of the spelling) and Marian, both from Security. Long story short, my medications were returned to me last Friday. It was a good feeling to know that there are still some honest people in this world from the housekeeper to finding the medications and turning them in to the people in Security who packaged my medications and sent them to me via courier. I will definitely stay at The Paris again. One comment though: the rooms need upgrading from the furniture (the desk had a handle missing) to the pillows (too soft) to the mattresses (one of the mattresses has a permanent dent in it making the bed lopsided). I will definitely return to The Paris on my next visit to Las Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CruzDiva
Reviewed 25 September 2011

From check in time which was minimal to check-out a great experience. Room service was prompt. Pool was clean and spacious no overcrowding at anytime our room was overlooking the pool. When calling housekeeping for towels they were very prompt. Hotel is pet friendly which we are very pleased with being pet owners.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dichma
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I am here for 4 nights to attend a convention and even though the property is beautiful the shortcomings stand out. The 10 year old tv with either terrible reception and/or a dying picture tube, that's right, picture tube, was very obvious. The mattress on my bed feels like a second box spring so I can't sleep. I figure well I'm awake I'll just go do my morning workout and find out the fitness center does not open until 6am. So I head back to my room to fix coffee and chk my email and agenda for the day, and there is no coffee maker in my room....... I can not remember staying in any hotel, domestic or abroad, over the past 20 years that did not have a coffee maker in it. FAIL.

Room Tip: Shop around.