“Best Part of the Strip”

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #56 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Although I have limited experience with Vegas hotels, I can say that I enjoyed this one.

The location is ideal as it is close to the middle of the strip. It is within easy walking distance to a nearby Walgreens and Macdonald's (go left on Las Vegas Blvd). These places can save you some money on water and coffee, as well as snacks and fresh fruit.

Being across from the Bellagio allows you easy access to the nightly outdoor fountain show put on by this hotel. We were fortunate enough to have a room overlooking the strip which allowed us to see the show nightly from our room. Ask for a room facing the strip to take advantage of this great view.

The pool area is very grand with plenty of loungers available. The only negative comment I have about the pool area is the lack of shaded areas. While it is true that part of the pool is often shaded by the building itself, there are periods during the day where it is difficult to find any shade. There are some slivers of shade but you have to search them out.

Our room was spacious with a large double armoire for storage and a safe. The bathroom is very large and has a separate bath and shower. Furnishings are very traditional so if you prefer a modern look you might be disappointed. The bed was a bit soft but okay.

There are many places to eat in the hotel. There is a buffet restaurant of course, and a small coffee shop type place, as well as several other restaurants. We ate at the Provencal which offered a good, reasonable fixed price dinner, as well as the Sugar Factory, where we had a great breakfast. The coffee in the Sugar Factory is first rate.

Although this resort does not charge a resort fee, there is a $25 daily fee if you want to use the gym facility. As we were not prepared to do this, we opted to run in the morning. This is surprisingly possible in the summer if you go before 730 am as there is much less walking traffic on the sidewalks and the strip is completely in the shade.

The hotel website had some great deals on rooms. Ours was $72 per night so it is worth checking out their deals.

I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChocAHolic10
Write a ReviewReviews (25,581)

Reviewed 19 August 2011

It would be better of staying at a motel 6 then this place..hey don't even offer tooth paste for the room..would not recomd this hotelll...bath rooms are garbage

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank sambodie1
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Just spent the past weekend in Vegas with my girlfriends, it was our second trip to Sin City. The first time we stayed at the Golden Nugget on Fremont St, but this trip we decided to stay on the strip. Paris is dead center on the strip, right across the street from the Bellagio and you can see the water show from your room! I called a few days before we arrived to request a room with the view, but when we got there, Amber at front desk said they weren't doing any comp upgrades. However, when we entered our room, she worked some sort of magic and got us a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower AND the Bellagio water show! Thank you Amber!

We ate breakfast at the cafe right across the way from the elevators, and it was absolutely delish! Get the french toast, I highly suggest the lattes with hand made whipped cream. For dinner both nights, we went to this bar closer to Bally's and made good friends with the bartenders Eric and Daylan. Every employee we met, from the maids in the hallways to the boys that deliver room service, were very nice. I'm sure we've found our forever hotel in Vegas for every girls trip we make. And trust me, i work at a beautiful resort in San Diego, so i know good service when I see it!

Room Tip: Usually asking for an upgrade is all it takes to get the best room possible!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Niki_0921
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My fiancee and I with two other guys stayed at the Paris in September 2010. It was my first time to Vegas, and I thought the hotel was very nice and updated. When we got there, they even upgraded our room. I slept better in the king size bed in our room than at home, it was unbelivably soft. The breakfast at the hotel is exceptional; if you are on a budget with food, I highly recommend the 40 dollar band for 24 hours, so you can eat at all these great buffets. Also, the hotel is in a good location on the strip. If you want discounted tickets to shows go to Bill's Saloon, which is next to the Paris, and they sell them at a booth in the casino for half the price of the show tickets.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newlywed_traveler24
Reviewed 18 August 2011

O.K. this is NOT the time of year I like to go to Las Vegas, I prefer March or October, however my husband had a convention so any chance to go on a work/vacation is o.k. The temperature was around 105 every day and it feels like you are stepping in to an oven (especially if you are from the NW) My first impression of driving up to the Hotel was that it is very nice. However things went downhill at check-in. We arrived early around 10 a.m. and I knew they probably would not have a room ready so we asked the front desk when we should check back and they said to try around 1 p.m. We left our bags with the very nice bellman and went to the casino for awhile and had lunch at Mon Ami Gabi-o.k. lunch no wait this time of day although they sat us in a corner with a wobbly table (we put a sugar packet under the leg) near the service entrance. When we walked back to the check in area we noticed the line was VERY long and it was very confusing to figure out who was checking in and who was cheking out. No sign for check in - just check out. After a considerable wait we got to the front and took two queen beds as opposed to one King because we just wanted a room and didn't want to wait. I forgot my confirmation paper at home and I reserved our room with a credit card so fortunately it was not an issue-however I spoke with another convention attendee and they told me the Paris had no record of their reservation and it was first-come, first-serve so they were forced to pay $70 extra per night for a suite! Lesson learned-I will always bring my printed out reservation form from home from now on! The room was O.K. I am glad we had a partial view of the strip (room 2341) looking toward the cosmopolitan and PH hotel. The rooms could use some TLC. carpet a little dingy, broken cabinetry on t.v.display-whats with the small 1990's style T.V.??? we missed our home T.V. The beds were o.k.- I hated the pillows-wish I had brought mine from home, but who wants to pack all that stuff. Craked bathroom tile in shower let water run out on to floor. My brother and sister-in-law had an issue with housekeeping coming in to the room (while they were in it) even though they posted a "Do not disturb sign" outside. My husband had the same issue with housekeeping the next day-during a break he came up to freshen up and while he was in the restroom they opened the door! On our check out day I was packing (not dressed yet) and housekeeping knocked and quickly opened the door at 8:45 a.m.!!! From now on I will deadbolt the door! The burger restaurant downstairs was very good and convenient-we ate there 3 time (I wish I had noticed on the first visit that they include gratuity on your bill) We got 2 for I entrees, because I signed up for special "text" discounts from home before we left, also got a 2 for 1 drink discout. Go by the reward center when you arrive and get a players card - use it everytime you eat or buy anything - at some stores you get a discout.Water at the pool area is $4.50 -bring your own. Oh and we found out- after buying a cheese and fruit plate - that we could not take it into the pool area, however the next day we got to the pool early 9:30 a.m. and noticed people bringing food and coffee in-guess you can get away with it before the restaurant opens!? The Paris IS located in a very good spot-I am not ruling out staying again, however there are too many deals in Las Vegas-and I think for $119 a night we will try a new location next time- A votre sante!

Room Tip: Deadbolt your door if you want privacy from housekeeping
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business