As the economy has soured and tourism to revenue in Las Vegas has deteriorated, many of the Las Vegas hotels have started to cut corners, especially the hotel/resort/casino big boys, both on the Strip and, unfortunately, Downtown, which used to be a bastion of value for those willing (or wanting) to avoid the hectic nonsense of the Strip.
The corner cutting manifests itself in a variety of ways: lack of updating in the rooms; very limited amenities; and – worst of all – “resort fees” that seem ubiquitous these days.
So, amid all these cutbacks and corner-cutting, this Holiday Inn is a breath of fresh air. Yes, it is a chain, and yes, it is not on the Strip or Downtown, but I would consider that a bonus. This hidden, anonymous hotel next to Terrible’s and near Hard Rock offers great rooms at a great price.
This hotel gets the little things right. First off, the hotel is new: just two years old, according to the desk clerk. So the rooms are modern, well-appointed, and clean. The shower was especially nice: a large shower-only set up (who the heck takes a bath in a Vegas hotel?) with great water pressure. The sink area was large and pleasant.
Same with the room itself. The king bed was comfortable, with good linens. There is a flat-panel television with lots of channels. No fridge or safe deposit box: this hotel is more of a business hotel than anything else. The décor was modern. Very pleasant overall. It was very quiet, with almost no noise seeping in. FREE parking (underground) and FREE Internet and FREE use of fitness facility: the last two items are where many hotels now gouge you. (If you can't park free in Vegas, you are doing something wrong.) In addition, the desk staff was friendly, and check in smooth.
The price were unreal. I booked this on Priceline, not knowing what I would get, and it turned out to be a great bargain: $45 for a Saturday night and - wait for it - $24 for a Monday night.
KUDOS to the Holiday Inn on Palos Verdes! This would be a four-star hotel regardless, but for the price, this really was a five-star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viva Las Vegas. The Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo is conveniently located a few blocks from the famous Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy a free ride on our shuttle from McCarran International Airport (LAS). Once you’re here, you’ll be close to the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Sands Expo and Convention Center, and the UNLV campus. You’ll find that plenty of attractions—like Fremont Street, the Smith Center, Sam Boyd Stadium, and Las Vegas Motor Speedway—are just a short drive away. A Fun Retreat near the Strip. A few extra comforts can make a world of difference in your travels. Go for a swim in our heated rooftop pool, then find instant relaxation with a soak in our hot tub. Maintain your workout regimen in our 24-hour fitness center. Join us in our dining venues for a hot American breakfast, grab-and-go options, fresh Seattle’s Best Coffee, and beer from our Best Brews™. If you’re hosting a meeting or event, we have more than 1,845 square feet of versatile function space, and our full-service business center provides support services. Unwind in Style. Little things in life make a big difference. Like our Simple Pleasures(SM). Our 129 guest rooms have everything you need for a great stay, plus free extras like High Speed Internet Access and bottled water. Relax in front of the 42-inch LCD flat screen TV, and get a good night’s sleep in the Four Points signature bed. We understand. The best comforts in life aren’t complicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Four Points By Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo