We booked this as we wanted to be off strip but within walking distance and it didn't disappoint.
We had a 1 bed apartment and having done the 'self catering thing' in Europe (where you typically get a 2-ring hob and fridge) were very surprised at just how well equipped the apartment was. Full size hob, oven, microwave, fridge freezer and dishwasher (and a washer and dryer). They supply starter packs of everything - dishwasher tablets, tea towels, filter coffee and so on.
There is no maid service (unless you want to pay extra) but the towels are changed every day and you are provided with extra sheets so you can change the bed yourself.
They offer a free shuttle service to all the major sights across the strip.
We stayed in Block 19, room 302 which faces the convention centre so not a great view but on the upside, a very private balcony in the evening. It was a little noisy as deliveries to the convention centre started quite early.
The staff were so very friendly and helpful and our special thanks to Tosha, she was a little star.
This is a timeshare resort - so the staff do want to sell you a timeshare. Normally something we avoid like the plague but it really is worth playing the game as they offer some wonderful incentives to get you to sit through the 90 minute presentation. We came away with tickets to a show and to the high roller - list price (from my own research on the internet) was $170 and we paid just $6.
We will certainly stay here again when we visit Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only one block from the famous Las Vegas Strip, Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) at Desert Club Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy a quiet oasis with non-stop excitement close by in one of the most exciting entertainment destinations in the world. From world-class performers and live shows to incredible dining and casino action, nothing beats like the heart of Vegas-and you'll be right in the middle of it! The resort features villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. Many amenities have been refurbished or added to enhance your stay experience. This includes a newly expanded poolside restaurant and bar, state-of-the-art clubhouse, large Marketplace store, two fitness centers and family activity center. You'll also enjoy five heated outdoor pools open from 6am until midnight, plus putting green and shuffleboard courts and outdoor grilling stations with shaded seating areas. Guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services around the large property and to stops at some of the largest casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, which is located only one block from the resort. It includes a stop at the Freemont Street Experience, one of the most popular outdoor attractions in downtown Vegas. Experience world-class live entertainment from top performers such as Celine Dionne and Rod Stewart, shows like Cirque Du Solei's Beatles LOVE and O, incredible restaurants from top chefs and incredible night clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Club Hotel Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort Las Vegas