All reviews bugs damp river ferry amenities wifi bedroom
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I hope this review will be seen as positive, although I do have a few complaints. Overall experience was a good one and having been unhappy with my previous stay, this was much better. The weather was not great so I spent more time in the cabin. The cabin was wheelchair accessible which was of no matter to me, except it helped getting in and out of the tub. I am a senior and travel alone. The cabins are old but are well maintained. My biggest complaint was that my cabin was damp. I have no idea of the cause and it offered me no problems. The Wifi and TV were excellent and I didn't mind spending time inside, it was quite comfortable. The cabin was rented as a 1 bedroom, but in fact it was more like a bed sitting room. There was no place to store my bag; a luggage rack would have been nice. Other than that the only issue I had was no rubber mat in the tub. Overall I would give this stay a high grade. Thanks to my hosts.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Cute cottages along the Grand Codroy river, very scenic with the Table Mountains in the background. These cottages are very roomy, all amenities included, and I mean all amenities. Plenty of hot water, satelite TV, WiFi, stuff for small kids to do outside. No A/C but is not required, always a cool breeze in the valley, not far from some good beaches and a couple of good resturaunts nearby

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We were just looking for a place to spend the night close to the ferry, but we found a place that would have been a great spot for a longer stay. The cabin was very comfortable with everything we needed. The bed was perfect... always a treat after a night in a tent! There was a store close enough to pick up groceries for meals and restaurants, had we not wanted to cook. And the view. Oh, the view.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed in Cabin 1. I cannot fault the cleanliness of the cabin or the friendliness of the owners....that was just fine. But the cabin itself was really small and appeared not to be built to last (i.e sloping floors, had to slam the front door to close it). These are old cabins, obviously, but appeared to be reasonably well maintained. But would it hurt to build rooms in these rental cabins the size of normal rooms? The bedroom had a double bed but not nearly enough room to move around the bed adequately. The mattress was only adequate. There was no room to put your suitcase in the bedroom. There were no luggage racks and if you put your suitcase on the floor, then you would have to step over your suitcase in order to go the bathroom. The bathroom door opened into the bedroom, almost to the bed. The bathroom and kitchen/living room were similarly small. In the kitchen, some oven mitts and a pizza or cookie pan would have been nice. So, our enjoyment of lovely location was obscured just adequate accommodation. A shame really......

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Claudelle D, Owner at Codroy Valley Cottage Country, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Hello Francine, Thank you for your review. You are correct in that this one bedroom Cottage is a small unit, I tell everyone who reserves this one that it is small and cozy. It is the only one bedroom unit with a double bed and small, all other 3 one bedroom attached units have queen beds, this unit was completely refurbished . We have many repeat visitors who enjoy this unit with the full kitchen and washroom off the bedroom. I am surprised by the comment on the mattress, it is brand new. Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Nothing can compare to the location of facility. My complaints are minor, no sweetener for the coffee in the morning. I'm a diabetic. The room was not tidied by the maid, towels were replaced, but that was all. My unit was attached so it was noisy at times. I was under the impression my unit was a 'cottage' instead it was an attached efficiency unit. The unit did feel damp, could have used a dehumidifier. As I said, my issues were minor, and for the most port a great stay for the price.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Claudelle D, Owner at Codroy Valley Cottage Country, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Thank you for your suggestion on providing sweetener in the cottage. We appreciate your review and welcome your suggestion to include sweetener along with the sugar for our future guests. We always advise our guests at time of booking the availability of the cottages and if they are attached or stand alone. We have several cottages, some attached, others are not. The Cottage that you stayed in was built with sound proof walls however we rarely have had any complaints about noise, unfortunately sometimes this does happen. We advertise our cottages as housekeeping units, complete with kitchens, providing dish cloths, detergent etc. When a guest checks in, we advise them that their towels and supplies will be replenished daily and we normally do not provide a daily maid service, however we do change sheets and clean up cottages every 4-5 days for guests who stay longer. We want to provide our guests with the best possible stay and should a guest request special daily service, we would be happy to consider. At first I was surprised with the comment that the cottage was damp, I apologize and did not realize until I checked the humidity level which reached 99% on the dates you stayed with us, we have dehumidifiers on site when needed. Thank you again for your suggestions and comments. We hope to see you again.