“A most excellent stay at Marina Inn Sioux City.”

Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We had a most enjoyable stay at the Marina Inn Sioux City.
The hotel is located next to the Missouri River and our room had a fantastic view of it.
The rooms were spacious and very clean. It had an air of being brand new. The breakfast staff and reception staff were outstanding and provided brilliant customer service.
I have absolutely no problem recommending this hotel .
Well done.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We stayed here because they offered a shuttle. We were told at check in around 3:30pm That the shuttle was already full. Needless to say I was pretty annoyed since this is a main reason we decided this hotel. It all worked out-I looked in shuttle bus when we were waiting for our Lyft driver and there were 4 empty seats so we hopped on:) The room was nice. Just lots of constructions going on.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I arrived here late at night after a funeral some distance away. I was greeted professionally and my room was just as I expected -- modern, well-appointed, and with a great view of the pool, patio, and Missouri River. They appear to be remodeling the place in preparation for a move to the Marriott family of hotels, so they apologized in advance for any dust or inconvenience. But I didn't run into any of that.

I'm fairly certain this is the best/most expensive place to stay in South Sioux City. They do not offer a free breakfast, but a buffet is available at $8.95. I skipped it.

The pool area is very nice, and there was a nice workout room as well. The hotel appears to cater to conferences, and there are a lot of large meeting rooms off of the elaborate lobby. Parking is free and well-lit.

I wish I could have stayed another day and taken advantage of the pool and the adjacent restaurant. But I will say this is a bit of a splurge ($167 for a King room, tax included), so view it in that light. For a simple overnight sleep, there are probably places providing greater value in the immediate area.

It seems to be THE place for flight crews to stay overnight in Sioux City. I saw a number of them.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here this weekend for a wedding taking place at the hotel.

For the price we payed and the good things I'd heard, I expected a better than average experience. Did not meet my expectations. Not worth the high price tag. Maybe when the construction is done it will be nice again.

Check in desk experience was average. The people didn't seem especially friendly, but that was okay. Then, we got to the floor where our room was. The room numbers were on the floor next to the doors. I couldn't help but think that they could easily be switched around and that it looked very tacky. Some carpeting was torn up and our ice machine was turned off.

Once in the room, things were better. We had a riverfront room, which truthfully was very nice with a great view of the river and outdoor pool.

But...wifi was horrifically slow. When we told the front desk at check out they just said "oh yeah it's just because the hotel is so full." Not really a valid excuse in my opinion.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This place is super clean! Stayed during construction by was worth it. Dinner at Kahils room service was simply amazing. Definitely want to stay on the river side. Free shuttle to Sioux City! Awkward parking lot. But still 5 stars!

Stayed: July 2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Sioux City
1.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront
0 km away
Delta Hotels South Sioux City Riverfront
Delta Hotels South Sioux City Ri...
#3 of 6 in South Sioux City
0.8 km away
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
4.3 km away
Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City
Americas Best Value Inn- South S...
#2 of 6 in South Sioux City
0.9 km away
Hard Rock Hotel Sioux City
Hard Rock Hotel Sioux City
#4 of 19 in Sioux City
6.5 km away
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City

Been to Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 385 E 4th St, South Sioux City, NE 68776-1750
Region: United States > Nebraska > South Sioux City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in South Sioux City
Price Range: €100 - €154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center 3*
If you are looking for a hotel or conference center in the Sioux City, Iowa area that offers the best in accommodations, service, dining, and meeting facilities, the Marina Inn Conference Center has it all. From our spectacular location, gracing the banks of the Missouri River, to the many amenities we offer, guests will find everything they need for an enjoyable stay within minutes of several destinations in the tri-state region. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marina Hotel South Sioux City