All reviews baked goods linda lee cookies fresh strawberries coffee cake overhead fan mom and pop super nice hot tea the great reviews local place banana bread chain hotels thick towels based on tripadvisor reviews room was clean quiche
Reviewed 5 October 2018

When you can find a nice family owned motel it is always a pleasant experience. The grounds are well taken care of and the quaint atmosphere a plus. It's obvious the owners take great care in hosting their guests. My room was clean, bed comfortable. Bathroom was a bit dated but well taken care of.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Traveling with a friend, we decided to take a chance on a local place ensteaed of big chain hotel. Jackpot! Small place with charm and warmth. Nothing fancy but the rooms were ckean and beds were comfortable. The bathroom was in between the beds allowing for a little bit of privacy when traveling with friendsor if you want space from the kids ;)
Linda the host war very hospitable! After check in she presented us with some homemade delicacies and made us green tea and escorted us to our modest room making sure we were comfortable. It was a quiet night. Linda made us coffee for the road upon checkout in the morning. Would stay there again!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2018

What a gem! Hard to find, but we went on the great reviews to try it. The owner is so sweet. We have a ceiling fan in our bedroom at home and hate to be away from it. We entered our room here and it had a ceiling fan! It is a little small but very functional and very clean. Beautiful landscape too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018

I almost hesitate to review the Husker Inn because this little place has all the business it can stand, especially during the summer tourist season. In my experience once a place gets too busy it's hard to maintain its character. But if anyone can do that it's the woman who runs the place, whose warmth & consideration make her an endangered species. As does the fact that she maintains very high standards of quality.

The rooms are small & somewhat dated (which I liked, actually) but very comfortable & spotlessly clean. The bed & linens were great, towels exceptionally nice, the recliner comfy (tho with no reading light nearby), the tv top-quality, the fridge & micro worked well. If I was forced to complain about something it would be that the shower stream felt like needles ... but the water was hot & plentiful.

The yard of the main building is lovely & obviously well cared-for. There's plenty of parking on a moderately busy street almost downtown. I felt safe on the grounds & in my room. And, yes, the owner often hands out goodies such as homemade breads, fruit etc. This is the kind of place I always look for but rarely find anymore. I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm thru the area.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Very clean. When I checked in the owner gave me a slice of plum pie and a cup of fruit. The landscaping is beautiful. I was on my way home on a road trip. I like to stay at small, inexpensive motels. This one surpassed my expectations.