“Excellent Indian food.”

Ranked #5 of 727 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: to The Oven Haymarket/Cellar, The Oven East and Himalayas. Our aspiration is to provide you with a delightful dining experience. You will indulge in cuisine of Northern India and Bhutan. Our dishes are rich in flavor, color, and texture. With family style dining we hope that you bring family and friends to savor some of the finest Indian cuisine.
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice ambiance. A decent wine list. I opted for the eggplant and tomato entree and enjoyed it. I asked for mild and they got it right: spicy enough for an edge but not a trip to reflux city. My companion, who is from Bangladesh, ordered the shrimp in coconut milk, and asked for full spicy. They were very pleased. If you're in Lincoln, give it a try.

The_Oven_Lincoln, Guest Relations Manager at The Oven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for your response. Your review is much appreciated and we hope you and your guests thoroughly enjoyed yourselves!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

...but had too many sketchy experiences there. Think hair and other unknown stuff. Some rude staff that apparently takes the phone off the hook so people can't call in to go orders. I do miss their mint chutney though.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We were driving home on July 28th to Saint Louis from the Black Hills! After we checked into our hotel we went there for a bit to eat! Our waiter Kairan(sp) was wonderful very friendly and helpful! Food was great different then other Indian restaurant in St. Louis but nevertheless good!

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this place, especially if you are a vegetarian looking for a decent meal in town. I had the palak paneer dish, and it was super tasty. I ordered a roti and a yoghurt salad to go with it. I was not disappointed at all.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

The food at The Oven was amazing. Our waiter was fairly knowledgeable about the different dishes we were asking about and I was not disappointed with my choice--it was perfect. My only complaint is that they did not provide us with enough rice. Otherwise the meal was great. Super tasty and affordable.

Our service was just mediocre. Our waiter wasn't available often and it took 10 minutes to receive our change.

Been to The Oven? Share your experiences!