“Delicious gyros friendly place”
Review of Ali Baba Gyros

Ali Baba Gyros
Ranked #97 of 729 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

We were visiting for the weekend due to my son's sporting event and was looking for a good place to eat. Decided to try due to past positive reviews. The food here is delicious. The service is friendly, you order and pay at the counter. Small and welcoming place. Not fancy but good for a fast yummy bite. Definitely will come back if in the area.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

For starters - it's open til 3am. We've gone there for lunch twice. The first time the owner (I think it's him) was very friendly and he explained the menu as we never had a Gyro before. I like fried mushrooms - really like them. The food was delicious. I would skip the fries - can't eat all the food. The second Sunday we went, the owner recognized us and welcomed us back. Food was delicious again. I was afraid the kids wouldn't eat, but they have cheeseburgers in case lamb meat intimidates. It's great for daytime family oriented. It's also great for late night when all the bars close.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Spending ten years working at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, I learned a thing or two about Lincoln restaurants. I now live in Rapid City, South Dakota, but I always crave one thing in particular from my days back in Lincoln. I miss Ali Baba terribly. You can get a decent Gyro here in RC, but it is no where as good as Z plate at Ali Baba!

I have had Gyros around the country from both traditional and nontraditional Greek joints and Ali Baba still remains the best.

So why do I say that? First, I like the brothers who run the place. They always treated me nice and seemed to care about me. Secondly, the food is fantastic. I loved the meat and the Greek fries were so awesome. They also have a grilled chicken kabob over rice that is to die for. Those are the only two things I ever got from there and both were always amazingly delicious every time.

It's a smallish restaurant and seating is limited especially during rush hour. And I am sorry that they have to deal with so many idiotic drunks at bar closing time - they must be sick of that. I even helped them toss a drunk out once, and call the cops another time. But that is probably half their revenue right there.

Anyhow, give this place a try. You will not be disappointed. I never was. I wish I could get back to Lincoln for more of this delicious food!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 7 December 2014 via mobile

Ali Babas has the best gyros and cheese balls! Their gyros come with this awesome cucumber yogurt sauce that tastes like ranch. I definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 6 November 2014

You never really know what you're gonna get. I guess you have to visit this place more than once and try different food till you figure out what you like. Overall it's good, in fact food can be very good. I wish the owners invested a bit in better tables and seats. It appears that the place has not changed since it opened a couple of decades ago.

Date of visit: October 2014

Been to Ali Baba Gyros? Share your experiences!