“Fresh, good ice cream”

UNL Dairy Store Lincoln
Ranked #2 of 25 Dessert in Lincoln
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Delicious flavors and generous portions. We arrived just before they were closing and the staff worked hard to get everyone through the line before it closed.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Generous scoops of ice cream was delicious. It was served in cups, sugar or waffle cone. There was plenty of seating overlooking the Arboretum.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Best ice cream on the planet, hands down. You would have to find an alien world and invent interstellar travel to find better ice cream. Once you eat UNL dairy store ice cream, your palette will have been ruined. You cannot eat it without forever comparing any future ice cream to what you experience at the dairy store. I think most UNL grads will tell you the same thing. It is now a painful experience for me because I rarely get the chance to be in Lincoln to partake of this delightful treat.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Heading home after late afternoon meal with family. Drove by the dairy store and decided to stop for ice cream. OMG best ice cream. Scarlet & cream was my favorite husband had vanilla. Wound up buying a pint to take home. Also brought some cheese. Very good. Worth the stop. Young student working was so friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Went here during my son's orientation. Wanted to see what everyone was talking about regarding the Dairy Store. It is located on the East Campus of UNL which is about 3 miles from the main or City Campus in the heart of Lincoln.

We went in to the Dairy Store and the servers were so nice! I ordered up their Key Lime ice cream. It was ridiculous how good it was! They even offered to me the last of the Key Lime for no extra charge as they were going to swap it out for some other flavor. After they twisted my arm really hard (just kidding), I "suffered" through and did my part to choke it down. Honestly, that Key Lime was so good, it was amazing. My wife really liked her selection as well.

For the price to value comparison, there is none. The quality is superior, the varieties are varied and all looked excellent, and the service was first rate. I can't wait to move my son in for the start of classes so I have an excuse to swing buy for another visit.