See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This America's Best Value Inn is an average, old, budget motel. The motel rooms have been refreshed and the siding and tin roof are fairly new. The rust won't hold the stairways together forever. All exterior doors in the motel, our keycards worked and the door seemed secure. Our under window HVAC unit cooled nicely and its hum dulled the sounds of the trains and highway traffic. I slept well.

Our room had two queen beds, refrigerator, hairdryer, luggage rack, hangers (no closet), under window HVAC, desk, night stand, two queen beds, coffee maker, and microwave. No drawers.

I did not use the in-room safe or turn on the big tube TV. Wi-fi worked great at times, but I couldn't get pages to load at 10 pm. I do not like having the sink outside the bathroom, would prefer to shave without waking my wife.

Milk, cereal, hard boiled eggs, pastries, fruit, and waffles in the small, two table, eight seat breakfast room. Lots of little problems in the room. The fan in the bathroom really roared and the bath/shower made a lot of racket. The hook was missing from the bathroom door. Towels were part polyester. Could not get the sink plug to open. The walls were sticky, like the paint did not cure properly. Curtains did not black out the room. Noticed just before leaving that the smoke detector in our room appeared to be disconnected.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hoogo
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We arrived on 8/3/17 for a one night stay on our road trip to Illinois from Denver. After 7 hours of driving after an 8 hour work day, I was extremely tired by the time we reached this hotel. I made our reservation on Travelocity prior to our arrival and now I know why this place is so cheap. The pictures online led me to believe that it was fairly decent (I wasn't expecting the Ritz), but walking down the halls was the first red flag of the nightmare that was yet to come. The further we walked down the hall, the more it started to smell like cigarette smoke. I thought that somebody was being naughty and smoking in their room. Where I come from in Denver, nobody is still allowed to smoke anywhere so, I guess I forgot about smoking rooms even being a thing! As my husband, 6 year old son, and I entered the room, an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke mixed with the odor of someone just using the restroom filled our tired lungs. I was immediately grossed out, but too tired to lug all of my crap back down stairs to complain. I just assumed that somebody had smoked in the room, but I still didn't realize that they put us in a smoking room? Our pillows were scattered on the bed, the toilet paper roll was empty, hairs and ash all over the room, dry wall patches covering the walls, and an overall sense of unsanitary conditions left us very saddened. I wish I had gone back down to get a new room, but at the time, I was so tired and didn't think there was a better room. I thought that all of the rooms must be like this and that the place was a total dump and I was getting what I paid for. I put t-shirts on the pillows, had my son sleep in his little sleeping bag on top of the blankets (thank God we pack it), and my husband and I slept on top of the covers.

The next morning, I asked her if she had put us in a smoking room and she said "yes, that is what you reserved". I sure as hell did not reserve a smoking room and wondered how that could've possibly happened. Didn't she see me come in with a child? Couldn't she have said "you wanted a smoking room, right"? and I would've said "absolutely not"! But, apparently I should've requested a non-smoking room even though I didn't even think smoking rooms were a thing anymore. Also, is it protocol to not clean up smoking rooms? They are so yellow and gross so, what is the point of cleaning them properly? I wouldn't have been so upset had it at least been clean and stocked with all of the essential toiletries. UGH. So gross.... spend a little more money and stay at a better place. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place at all!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

What a dump! Broken latch on door, peeling paint, front desk clerk couldn't give directions to freeway on-ramp that was a block over from the motel! The train kept me up all night and I don't recall any mention of the training in the hotel description when I booked online.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Venture34352
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Alright, last minute, 50$ room. But in all my travels I have never been to a hotel with worse lighting. Its hard to describe the feeling this dull, weird LED light puts off, but it is certainly not fit for a hotel room. Interrogation, maybe. Unless you want everyone passing by to see your whole show, blinds need closing. The light ruined my stay. Hate writing terrible reviews but this deserves it. Spend the extra 20$, jump up a class.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank wanderer32_13
Reviewed 27 May 2017

My husband and I went to Lincoln for a concert, this property was close to venue. Check in was quick and easy. Room was spacious and clean. You could tell that at one time the room had been a double, since it had a double lamp on the wall, two picutres and only one night stand. But that didn't matter. Does need better pillows on the bed since they were very flat and maybe have four on a king bed instead of 3. Will stay again on my next overnight trip to Lincoln

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple