“a wayside accomodation”

Super 8 Kearney
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I booked the room months ago for the Solar Eclipse. When I confirmed the reservation before departure it was discovered that two rooms were reserved instead of one. That issue was quickly resolved. Shortly after check-in I received a text from my bank that I was overdrawn. There were two charges for my room PLUS a third charge for a lesser amount. After being on the phone for an hour or more (cut off 6 times -- cell service was intermittent), finally got the issue resolved. Then, when I woke up on Tuesday to check out, found that the charges had reappeared and once again I was overdrawn. The two extra charges fell off on Thursday but I still had to move cash to avoid more fees.
The room itself was fine. Everything worked. Hot water. Basic channels on TV plus 2 HBO channels. Wifi was unprotected with no password... RED FLAG!! That said, I would find different accommodations if I ever found myself there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We booked our reservation a week in advance and showed up and were given the key to what must have been the worst room they had: downstairs , dingy, next to the vending machines. We were prepared to cancel our stay there until the desk person found us an upstairs room much brighter and more appealing so we stayed. We should have gotten that room to begin with! The overall experience was disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Made this reservation without any knowledge of the area and it was late. I found a review that said it was good value for the price. It really was. Thank you