“Beautiful view, fresh fish, great dining experience!”
Review of Alle Terrazze

Alle Terrazze
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Mondello
Price range: US$41 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The wonderful location out into the bay gives the dining area an amazing view. As you arrive you are greeted with a glass of champagne and friendly service, not to mention a pianist playing on the deck. The fresh catch of fish is brought out on a platter for you to choose if you feel like it, which I did. It was grilled beautifully and presented to you before they debone it. The pasta with shrimp was delicious and the fish tartar trio was a great appetizer. The limoncello tiramisu was an interesting twist to the usual dessert and was quite tasty. A little pricey but this was expected for a nice evening out in Mondello.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

This is formal restaurant, with white linen, etc. Beautiful sea view. Good service. Food is OK, nothing special.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

We visited Mondello, which is a beatiful little seaside village , with stunning views.
We were told to check out Alle Terrazze, nicknamed Charleston, the restaurant on the water.
It looked spectacular so we went in. The menu outside was very pricey and my wife was very hesitant, as it was way outside our budget. But i spotted a few cheaper items , so I said come on, lets chance it.
BIG MISTAKE.
What I understood as 7 euros for one fish item, was actually 7 euros per 100 gram, but you'd need a magnifying glass to see it on the menu.
The restaurant itself is beautiful, with magnificent views of the sea,
The service is incredible, with waiters hovering everywhere but completely OTT.
It's a pity the food did not match the service. Our two TINY pieces of fish were tasteless
and not enough meat on them to suffice a baby.
We ordered one salad between us, but got two. But just as well cos the fish wasn't going to fill us.
The salads however were as tasteless as the fish, with no dressing whatsoever on it, and none offered.
So point deducted for service there. We had to ask for oil, vinegar and pepper.
The bill arrived and i could'nt believe it came to 70 euros.
We had two small bottles of beer, two waters , two salads and two minuscule pieces of inedible fish.
Oh we were given two half glasses of prosecco on arrival, which I presumed was complimentary, but in fact cost 3 euro each. Disgraceful.
Well I wasn't having that.
I went outside to the reception area and said there was no way I was paying 70 quid for a bog standard meal.
Cue Italian chaos. It was explained to me about the weight pricing but there was no way that either of the portions were 100 gram and they were charging 20 euros EACH !!!
The head waiter was called, then the manager.
I wasn't budging. I said even if the fish was good I might have been swayed but it was tasteless.
They swiftly knocked a tenner off. Not enough I said.By now they're panicking. They're not used to someone
refusing to pay, cos the place was full of rich, spoilt Italians and the manager was starting to sweat.
Ok, 50 euros. Reluctantly I agreed , just to end the whole debacle.
Of course, Mary my wife gave it to me outside and i could'nt argue, but if you are going to spend 70 euros on a meal , you expect it to be good.
So visit this place, it's beautiful, but make sure you're loaded before you eat.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Had a perfect lunch on the terrace with sea view beginning of June. High quality service and excellent food.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

When we read the menu outside the prices seemed reasonable, but we ended up paying a lot more than we expected. My husband had aubergine as a starter which he said was really good followed by beef which was delicious but warm not hot (maybe intended?). I had salmon with black rice which was nice but nothing special. For desert I had almond semifredo which was good. It was silver service and quite intimidating.