“Wonderfully fresh seafood and great pasta!”
Review of Da Sariddu e Figli

Da Sariddu e Figli
Ranked #41 of 49 Restaurants in Mondello
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2017

My daughter and I first tried Sariddu because I wanted fresh seafood. The food was so good that we went back a second time and the food was even better! The first time I had grilled swordfish fillet. It was wonderful! Prepared as we waited and it was perfectly cooked. I also had a fresh salad and it was indeed fresh! My daughter had spaghetti with mussels and she said they were the best mussels she had ever had!
Our second visit I had the North American lobster (very reasonably priced), cut down the middle so the meat was easily accessible and included both claws. I also had the swordfish fillet and an order of marinated shrimps. NOTE: the marinated shrimps are raw and we didn't know that so we were going to send it back when our wonderfully nice server asked if would like it grilled and we said, yes. So they grilled the shrimps for us at no extra charge! I again had a side salad and again it was very fresh.
We had two wonderful experiences at Sariddu and if you are ever traveling to Mondello, Palermo, Sicily it is near the beach at the main square. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. PS.....the pizza looked good too!

There are newer reviews for Da Sariddu e Figli

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant three times with enormous appreciation for their pasta dishes and freshest fish. The staff was wonderfully helpful and extremely friendly-well versed in the different types of fresh fish available and the multiple preparation options. They also accommodate special requests. We had pasta with lobster and prawns,Pasta Pomodoro, lobsters – local – fried baby squid which was the best I've ever tasted! Pasta with fresh clams and pizza. The pizza melted in your mouth. The portions were plentiful and served very hot. The bread was delicious and there was a lovely wine and beer selection. We highly recommend this restaurant. The prices were in harmony with every other restaurant but I felt the quality was a step above.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We received a warm recommendation to visit this restaurant and so we did. Location nice and central. Sea food was great. Very fresh and a nice selection.
The main dishes didn't come all at once. When we saw that my daughter's pasta was taking too long we asked the waiter and he was like surprised it was missing. According to the time it took them to bring it to the table he probably forgot to order it.
Then, it was time to pay... We asked for the bill 3 different times from 3 different people.. We could have left and they wouldn't have noticed... We ended up going to the cashier ourselves and she was surprised to learn we wanted to pay.... Annoying ending ...

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We went here last night, lovely chilled atmosphere with great food and wine. The owner and waiters were all very friendly. One waiter has a very dry sense of humour which we understood in the end :)
My husband is a chef/restaurant owner in London and we thought our food was really pleasant. The pasta was light and delicious and the seafood was fresh.
I don't understand how 'Roxys' across the road gets better reviews... we had the worst food in there!! Perhaps they had good friends!

Anyway Sariddu we recommend! :)

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We needed a table for 6 in the shade with 3 dogs, great seafood we asked the very helpful and pleasant waiters to bring us seafood appetisers which they did and some pasta, very strongly recommended, they even bought a water bowl for the dogs.