“Fool Me Twice, Shame on ME!”
Review of Super 8 Gretna

Super 8 Gretna
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
Reviewed 17 July 2017

In addition to the room smelling like smoke, dirty hallways, a parking lot that needs to be repaved and housekeeping trying to fit a double size sheet on a queen bed, it got worse when I checked my bank balance after checking in. LET ME BE CLEAR. I should have read the paper I signed before signing it, because it turned out that the bearded wonder with the squeaky voice behind the counter slipped an additional $5 onto the bill. We agreed on a price of $60 inclusive and when I checked my account, he had charged me $65. I should have caught it before signing. When I confronted him, he started yelling at me that I had signed the paper and he would call the police if I made trouble. I maintained my composure, as difficult as that was and just told him I would take other action. *A NOTE TO WYNDHAM HOTELS: Read the reviews of this hotel! There are many customer complaints about this facility. Someone from head office really needs to look into this property. As the expression goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME!

Room Tip: The rooms in the next town are nicer, I'm sure. Keep driving.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Gretna

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Our experience may have been affected by being in the handicap room. The chair in the room didn't fit the table and was really dirty. Overall cleanliness was lacking. The toilet seat had been painted perhaps several times leaving it textured and not looking real clean. No microwave but I am fairly certain there was supposed to be one.

Room Tip: If you don't need handicap amenities then ask for a standard room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Halls were dirty, nonsmoking room reeked of smoke. Staff did readily move to another room. But fridge and microwave were missing from the second room. Staff were friendly and accommodating, but the place needs better management.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 3 July 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 1 July 2017

This particular super 8 is the worst Super 8 we have ever stayed in, and probably the next worst place we have stayed overall. Husband informed me after we left that he had found crumpled up paper plates and plastic ware behind the chest of drawers.. Apparently housekeeping doesn't know how to clean properly.
Good luck turning around in the bathroom, One can't even close the door without it coming within an eight inch of hitting the toilet. Drain in bathtub did not work so no bath could be taken, only a shower.. And every time a guest in another room decided to turn on the water, you could vividly hear it in our room.
Breakfast? Well, I guess if you are staying more than one night, your breakfast will ALWAYS consist of honey nut cheerios, corn flakes, or a waffle. There's no eggs, no sausage, no yogurt., etc.

The beds were extremely uncomfortable!

When checking my credit card statement online, the total cost seemed a little higher than I thought, so upon asking about that at the front desk, I was given the RUDEST treatment ever. And it seemed whenever we went to the lobby, the same person was working. I swear he must live there, and he was VERY irritating. We left a day earlier than planned and spent the fourth night in a charming independently owned "Inn and suites" and got the best sleep of our entire vacation. This Super 8 really needs to be reviewed by upper management.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Connie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
9.1 km away
19.4 km away
New Victorian Inn & Suites
15.2 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista

Been to Super 8 Gretna? Share your experiences!