“Nicest place in Fremont”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 10 March 2016

We stay at HIE usually 2-3 times per year when we visit my parents in Fremont. We've tried other places, but always end up coming back for the superior service, the super clean rooms, and the overall lovely stay. We've really never had a bad experience. We always request a room on the 4th floor, on the back side facing the field. This location is so quiet and we are able to relax and have a good nights sleep. Rooms have continued to be updated and feel fresh. This time, the fan in our bathroom did not work and the tub drained really slowly. We did not mention it until we checked out, as we were only there two days. Hopefully, things like this will get corrected quickly. Breakfast is fairly standard, but they keep it very well stocked and all items seem fresh and hot/cold.
We will absolutely be back again, unless the new hotel is able to compete on rate. I travel all over the country on business and for a HIE, Fremont is truly way over priced. We never use the pool facility, so this price is extremely high. As much as we like the hotel, we would stay elsewhere if there was a clean and affordable.

Room Tip: Top floor back of the hotel is really quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

The hotel was clean with very comfortable large rooms and a full size ironing board. The bathroom was clean, bright, with good hot water. The internet was good but the TV had many pixelated Chanel's. The breakfast was as good as or better than any HIE you'll find, including the chocolate milk brand. The staff was professional but with the exception of when I checked in or out, there was never a friendly greeting the the entire 4 nights I was there. The hotel is conveniently close to many restaurants in the area. I enjoyed my stay and will be back.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
GM_HIEX_Fremont, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and are happy to hear that you were able to utilize our amenities. We understand that there is always room for improvement, and appreciate that you could point out some areas where we could do so. Thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fremont.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Overall, this hotel was a good place to stay for a work trip, but didn't really exceed expectations in any category. The room was generally nice, but looked a little worn around the edges in the bathroom/shower and trim/walls/paint of the room, sort of like it was updated as best they could recently or simply finished a bit cheaply when built. The bed was comfy and I slept well, I didn't notice any noise but the hotel was pretty quiet while I was there. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard, average quality and selection. The fitness room was a bit sub-par with only 1 treadmill and a few machines in a very small space. Staff were friendly. No major negatives but again, didn't really excel in any category. Fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
GM_HIEX_Fremont, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate you taking a moment to leave us some feedback about your stay. We are glad that you were able to use many of our amenities, and that we were able to give you service that was up to your expectations. Thank you for choosing our Hotel, and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fremont.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

The hotel was very clean. The staff was fantastic. Great breakfast with nice selection in mornings. Nice clean swimming pool. Would recommend to everyone. This will be where we stay every time when in Fremont.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
GM_HIEX_Fremont, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the service and amenities were to your liking. Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to leave us some excellent feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

This is my second stay at this hotel. I spent a little time reading some of the reviews as I was curious to see what the negative responses were for. The one complaint for not allowing them to play hockey in the hallways is crazy! Thank you management for not allowing that to happen, even with a bribe. It's not fair to others that want and need to rest. I've been to other properties where they allowed it and told the staff they had better stop it or things were going to get ugly real fast!
Upon my first visit, I had made a last minute reservation via the IHG app, while driving into the area for a last minute trip. I arrived around 2AM and the girl at the desk had my reservation ready and was so pleasantly polite I was surprised. I felt so at home. The rooms were so fresh and inviting when opening the door. I wasn't able to spend much time in the rooms as work had me busy. The second trip was just as great of an experience. The mattresses are very comfortable. TV is great size for the room and has a good selection of channels. A DVD Player is also included for movies. The decor of the rooms are very modern and upscale for Holiday Inn. The lighting in the rooms is great. You can vary it from a romantic glow to full on brightness which creates such a crisp, clean and elegant feel. I only wish this was a standard at all HI Express locations. The only issue I have, but very common no matter where you stay, is that the room were a little more sound proof and you didn't have to hear voices from the next room over. There are several fast food restaurants in the area as well as a Walmart. CVS is right across the street should you need to purchase anything you may have left behind. The hotel is quietly tucked away behind a bank blocking most noise from the main road and the back side rooms have a view of a soybean field so there is plenty of privacy. I will definitely stay here when in the Fremont area.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
GM_HIEX_Fremont, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the measures we take to promote guest safety and relaxation are not lost on you. Thank you for returning to our Holiday Inn Express. We are glad we met your expectations on your previous stays with us, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.