“Great Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 2 December 2014

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express. The décor has been completely updated and the rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. I love the swimming pool with a nice area for kids. I always stay here when I visit old friends and family in Fremont!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM_HIEX_Fremont, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad that your family enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our Holiday Inn Express to your liking. Also, thank you for staying with us. We understand that travelers have many options, and appreciate that you have chosen us. Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

Great Customer Service. Comfortable rooms. Very nice breakfast. It was the middle of winter here in Nebraska, I had the grandchildren and they were getting restless staying indoors during the blizzard cold, so, I packed us up and went to the Hotel. They have a small but very fun for all ages indoor water park! Molly and Lisa were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. Felt like we were out of town on vacation!

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side have a better view. There is an elevator so the floor doesn't really mat...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GM_HIEX_Fremont, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

We are glad that you had a wonderful experience in our Holiday Inn Express. While we see many travelers here on business or for family functions and weddings, your review is a great reminder that we are a fun place for a stay-cation with the kids and grandkids as well. Thank you for the kind words, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2014

I began my stay very excited to give this place a good review. Nice room, clean facilities, decent continental breakfast... But what killed it for me was leaving my room at 2p on a Saturday, returning to our room at 9:30p and having nothing cleaned.

I walked downstairs to the front desk with my pile of dirty towels and the response I received: "did you have the 'do not disturb' sign on your door?"

"No, I didn't. We left at 2 for a wedding."

"Well that's what happened... Housekeeping leaves at 2p. Make sure you anything you need happens before 2p"

They had no problem taking a crib and leaving a fresh sheet, but God forbid they clean the room. It's these little things that matter and for a front desk not to realize how this could be an issue is concerning.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the larger room if you have more than four with you
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EllisonKaye
GM_HIEX_Fremont, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

First, We would like to thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express. We understand that travelers have many options, so thank you for choosing us. We would like to apologize for the mix up concerning housekeeping and your room. Our housekeeping takes our guest's requests and desire for privacy vary seriously. Usually, if a guest has their "Do Not Disturb" sign on their door past noon and they are not leaving that day, we recognize that as a request not to be disturbed for the day, and would leave a note under the door that, should they require anything, the Front Desk will be more than willing to assist them with anything they may need. I hope that should you return to Fremont in the Future, you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

Because we have family in Fremont, we stay at this hotel about twice a year and have for many years. This recent visit had some good things, and some not so great. Overall, it's still the best quality place to stay in Fremont. And, because of that, I think the rate is high for a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel seemed to be full, so people seem willing to pay nearly double what other hotels are in the area.

First, the good: The staff is always great when we are there. From the greeting when you arrive to the breakfast staff and all the desk staff during our stay...all were very hospitable and friendly. One evening, about midnight, I headed up to my room to find my key card did not work and when I got down to the desk, the young man there offered to walk up to my room with me and make sure the card worked this time. I appreciated that. Also, the breakfast area was clean and well stocked. The work out room is small, but has the usual equipment and had water, towels, and a great big fan running when I arrived each morning. Our rooms seemed to have been recently redocorated and were clean.

However, both of us in our family were reward gold members and had requested top floor rooms on the back of the hotel. We each got rooms on the second floor and front of the hotel. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work and the coffee pot had no coffee packets left the first day. (Following days, I did get coffee.) Also, the hair dryer was broken in my room. This visit, each night was very noisy in the hotel. There were many family groups, a corporate group and a soccer team. In the past, we have always felt the hotel was quiet, but this visit was very noisy.

There was nothing glaringly wrong on this visit - just nothing special and an average stay. I feel it's expensive for the area and what you receive. Unfortunately, there isn't really a good alternative without going to Omaha.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
GM_HIEX_Fremont, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

First, I would like to thank you for staying in our Holiday Inn Express. We know that as a traveler you have many lodging options, and appreciate that you have chosen us for your past few visits. We are sorry that you experienced some issues with your room during your stay. Our Engineering Department has made a point of correcting the issues that you have pointed out, and we thank you for having done so.
Having recently finished our remodel, our hotel has become the destination for many of the weekend wedding blocks, travelers that are coming to the area to visit family, and even long term business travelers. Not coincidentally, this does change the nature of our ability to honor reservation requests during busy times, and also causes our rate to fluctuate from day to day.
We were thankful to hear that our Guest Service Representatives were able to take care of you once again. We pride ourselves on our excellent service. Thank you once again for having stayed with us, and We hope that the next time you come to Fremont, you once again give us the opportunity to show you that even though we are growing and evolving, we will always take care of our returning guests.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

From check in to check out I wouldnt change a thing. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean, quiet rooms. Pool area was great, my kids didnt want to leave. The breakfast room was well stocked and vibrant. I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014