“Just OK this time...”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Because we have family in Fremont, we stay at this hotel about twice a year and have for many years. This recent visit had some good things, and some not so great. Overall, it's still the best quality place to stay in Fremont. And, because of that, I think the rate is high for a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel seemed to be full, so people seem willing to pay nearly double what other hotels are in the area.

First, the good: The staff is always great when we are there. From the greeting when you arrive to the breakfast staff and all the desk staff during our stay...all were very hospitable and friendly. One evening, about midnight, I headed up to my room to find my key card did not work and when I got down to the desk, the young man there offered to walk up to my room with me and make sure the card worked this time. I appreciated that. Also, the breakfast area was clean and well stocked. The work out room is small, but has the usual equipment and had water, towels, and a great big fan running when I arrived each morning. Our rooms seemed to have been recently redocorated and were clean.

However, both of us in our family were reward gold members and had requested top floor rooms on the back of the hotel. We each got rooms on the second floor and front of the hotel. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work and the coffee pot had no coffee packets left the first day. (Following days, I did get coffee.) Also, the hair dryer was broken in my room. This visit, each night was very noisy in the hotel. There were many family groups, a corporate group and a soccer team. In the past, we have always felt the hotel was quiet, but this visit was very noisy.

There was nothing glaringly wrong on this visit - just nothing special and an average stay. I feel it's expensive for the area and what you receive. Unfortunately, there isn't really a good alternative without going to Omaha.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
GM_HIEX_Fremont, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

First, I would like to thank you for staying in our Holiday Inn Express. We know that as a traveler you have many lodging options, and appreciate that you have chosen us for your past few visits. We are sorry that you experienced some issues with your room during your stay. Our Engineering Department has made a point of correcting the issues that you have pointed out, and we thank you for having done so.
Having recently finished our remodel, our hotel has become the destination for many of the weekend wedding blocks, travelers that are coming to the area to visit family, and even long term business travelers. Not coincidentally, this does change the nature of our ability to honor reservation requests during busy times, and also causes our rate to fluctuate from day to day.
We were thankful to hear that our Guest Service Representatives were able to take care of you once again. We pride ourselves on our excellent service. Thank you once again for having stayed with us, and We hope that the next time you come to Fremont, you once again give us the opportunity to show you that even though we are growing and evolving, we will always take care of our returning guests.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

From check in to check out I wouldnt change a thing. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean, quiet rooms. Pool area was great, my kids didnt want to leave. The breakfast room was well stocked and vibrant. I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel July 1-5, 2014. Family members were staying in two other rooms, as well. I found the hotel staff to be incredibly friendly and accessible. The room was clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast was excellent. The beds were comfortable, and I liked that the pillow cases were embroidered "firm" or "soft" depending on what kind of pillow it was.

On weekday evenings, there is a "manager's reception" that lasts from 5:30 till 7:00. The staff member there was named Kodie, and she remembered from evening to evening what each of us liked to drink. (the choices were beer and wine.) She kept the snacks supplied (cheese and crackers, nuts, corn chips and salsa, veggies and dip) and we always enjoyed our time visiting.

As we were there for a family funeral, we often had other family members stop by. Even though they were not staying at the hotel, the staff welcomed them and had no problem with them attending the manager's reception or using the pool. (There were only about 5 or 6 extra guests- I'm not talking about a bus load of people.) We all found that extremely kind. We enjoyed our pseudo family reunion in the breakfast room at the hotel.

The breakfast room has several tables, a large screen TV that is generally tuned to the weather or news, and many books, puzzles, and games available to use. We often had our dinner delivered there, as well. This room's availability to guests was one of the another great reason that this hotel is so outstanding. It was a welcoming public space that we could use to all be together.

I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Fremont.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 23 June 2014

So, when you leaving a hotel and cannot find anything that you would change about the visit, that is a sign of a great visit.

I found my room to be very clean, up to date, and very modern. The room's through the wall A/C cooled to my expectations, and there was a switch for "always on" which I will always score will. Units that cycle on and off all night suck! The check-in process was easy, and it was a points night for me.

The manager's reception was really good for a quick snack and a drink. I did not have a chance to use the pool.

My most pleasant surprise was when when I checked out and found that the hotel was 9 years old. More hotels should take notes from you guys on how to appropriate funds on how to keep a hotel up to date.

EXCELLENT JOB>>> 5 stars!

Room Tip: Front side rooms point to the highway. Backside rooms maybe a little quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HI-Gold-Member
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My business brings me to Fremont from time to time and I always stay here. Newly decorated, attentive staff, enjoyable manager's reception, and well appointed rooms all for a low price. Wow! Earlier this year I stayed in a top flight downtown hotel in Omaha. The only difference was a second chair and ~$200 more per night. I'm looking forward to my next trip to Fremont Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: I prefer the north side of building which overlooks soybean field rather than parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jen S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We love hearing from our guests! You make it clear why we love doing what we are doing. We know there a a lot of choices out there and you could stay anywhere, but we really appreciate the fact that you chose us. Thank you.