“More B&B than resort - not suitable for young children”
Review of Cherrabah Resort

Cherrabah Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elbow Valley
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I took my young sons to Cherrabah recently who are aged 7 and 5. This is not a place for young children. The staff are extremely friendly and my boys had a good time. This did not live up to my expectations based on the website.
The activities that are promoted for children include animal feeding, a tractor train and mini golf. The only animals you are able to feed are sheep and goats and deer. This whole process took us about 15 minutes. The tractor train only runs if there are 15 people willing to ride and a driver available. This did not occur over the 3 days that we were there. The mini golf consists of 7 holes that are very basic and old - this also took us about 15 minutes.
From what I could tell, the 'resort' has become more like a B&B establishment and this seems to be what the staff prefer. The views are exceptional, however the facilities are worn and in desperate need of work/repair. I note on other reviews from 12 months ago the manager claims to have commenced upgrades, I can assure as of July 2017 this has not taken place anywhere that I could see.
If you ave teenage children that are old enough to ride on quad bikes and horses outside of a barn it would be an ok place to visit for 2 days maximum.

Room Tip: A self contained room would be my recommendation over the standard room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
fran E, Manager at Cherrabah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Greetings from Cherrabah Resort.

I was a little disappointed to read your comments about Cherrabah.
Firstly all rooms have been refurbished in the past 6 months including the homestead. This is the first complaint we have had to our upgrades. All our guests (many returning families) have been impressed with our country theme.
During the school holidays we had several family groups staying with us, who have enjoyed the property, the relaxed, safe environment with ability to do as little or as much as you liked.
Activities that were available to you at no charge included the following, Put put golf, tennis, push bikes, kayaking, fishing and animal feeding.
As you can appreciate to do a group activity like the tractor train or farm show we do require certain numbers. I would have to say the weather did not help during your stay but that is not something we have any control off.
If you would like to return to Cherrabah in the near future plase do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Just come back from a 3 day camping adventure with the family, including 2 teenagers and a 10 yo. What a great time we all had!! Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, food was homely and plentiful at the Friday night buffet, and the animals gorgeous. Cannot recommend it high enough. Teenagers now want to make this place a regular event!! With nil internet service- wow!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
fran E, Manager at Cherrabah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words ,we look forward to seeing your back at Cherrabah Resrt

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We camped in our own van. The staff were absolutely fantastic, so friendly and helpful. There is plenty to do in a lovely rural situation away from it all! Beautiful views and a lovely homestead. The bush walking was great, next time I'll go horse riding,

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

We look forward to seeing you back at Cherrabah.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

This is a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of life to disconnect and reconnect with your partner.

Rooms were cosy but most of the time is spent outside doing bushwalking, taking in the views or partaking in activities.

Staff very helpful and professional.

Food and drinks in the main area were great and the view is to die for.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lawdogs A
Reviewed 24 July 2016

My partner and I had our wedding at Cherrabah on the 9 July 2016. We were very pleased with every thing and how it went. Staff couldn't do any more than they did making our special day perfect. Rooms had just been renovated and the food for the wedding and day before and after couldn't be better. Views from homestead are breath taking. I would recommend having your special day there or just for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
0.7 km away
53 on Victoria
53 on Victoria
#2 of 13 in Warwick

Been to Cherrabah Resort? Share your experiences!