“We loved our time at Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bellevue
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bellevue
Odonnell, Texas
“We loved our time at Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We traveled by chartered bus from Lubbock, Texas, with our local youth baseball team to Omaha Champions Village in Bellevue,Nebraska. We were there for a week of games and tournament and was blessed to attend, in Omaha, the NCAA College World Series. Our hotel accomodations were exceptional becauseof the friendly accomodating staff. From the front desk, to the kitchen staff, to the maintenance man, we received A-1 service with everyone striving to please. The breakfast was exceptionally good and we enjoyed the Manager's reception in the afternoons. We could not have been treated with more care.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from noise because of our little one's naptime each afternoon and the s...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Price - Reasonable
Quality - spacious rooms, well appointed, everything worked, beds are good,
Service - This is where the hotel really shines. All staff were courteous and professional. Special kudos to the front desk staff and housekeeping. Always efficient, friendly, and professional. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dixon, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We have family in Bellevue, but I'll be shopping for a different hotel. The first room we were given had a heater/air conditioner that kept popping its breaker and shutting off. Staff happily moved us to a different room. Because we had already complained about the heater/air conditioner, I didn't want to complain again -- but I will never understand what good it does to have a non-smoking room when the entire corridor reeks of stale smoke. It had permeated our room -- I don't know, maybe it was coming through the building's entire air circulation system. I'll be shopping for a facility whose policy is entirely smoke-free. And there were kids in the breakfast area who were bare-footed. YECH! From a personal stand-point I wouldn't want my kids' feet touching the floors. That being said, if the health codes do not allow bare feet in a restaurant, why is it permitted in a public eating area of a hotel? Why are people permitted to enter that area as if it were their own kitchen on a Saturday morning?!

Room Tip: adequate and average -- expected better
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank youvealwayshadit
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed one night on a trip with our kids to the Omaha Zoo. I had never been to this hotel so I didn't know what to expect.
~The hotel itself presented clean.
~Beds were a bit firmer than I personally prefer, but others in my family liked them. Choice of pillows is an appreciated touch.
~Bathrooms and floor were clean. You can't say this about all hotels, so again, very appreciated. Whites were WHITE, as they should be.

~My only "complaints", if you will....
Check in took much longer than it should have, as for some reason there was some problem with the older couple in front of me, and they too were frustrated. There was only ONE person working the desk, during normal check in hours????? Seems odd for the volume of this hotel.
The girl behind the desk had to make a copy of the front and back of the older couple's credit card. WHY???? This bothered even me, and it was not my card. I would personally not allow it.
~Breakfast. Where to begin???? Hours are from 6:30-9:30 am.
We got there at 7:40. Much food needed to be replenished. For the size of hotel, there seems to be not enough tables. A few families were "camping" it on the floor ....to eat. YUK.
Coffee was out, ALL six pots.???? Really?
The garbage cans (2) in the breakfast area were not only full, but overflowing. People were putting their garbage on top. Again, YUK.
I went back at 8:50 to get coffee and the situation was much worse for those folks trying to dine. NO tables, again, people on the floor, and ALMOST NO FOOD AT ALL was available. The cooler for milk/yogurt was TOTALLY empty. Pancake make, out of batter, not working. Bread and bagels, empty. Cereal containers, ALL empty but the last few oats of Raisen Bran. There were a few instant oatmeal packs available, but that was about it...and guests still should have had at least 40 minutes of "OPEN" breakfast time.
~A huge problem seemed to be only ONE person working, on a HOLIDAY weekend, where they obviously had lots of guests staying. The dining area was dirty as she couldn't keep up, garbages full, no food.
Does NOT make for a great start to ANYONE'S day.
~ Final note - Pool is VERY small, and not monitored enough. Though a sign clearly states max "bathers" 20, and MUST SHOWER first (naked the sign says..???????) NO one follows this. The entire 1.5 hours we were in there with our kids, there was more people than should have been, kids jumping on top of eachother, and a family that allowed there littles one, ages 1-10 (FOUR of them) in the hot tub the whole time, so it made in unusable to the rest of the guests. Not near enough cholorine to sustain that.

NOW, all that said, the positives WERE there, and I would give them another try...as long as those things (though they can't build a bigger pool) would be addressed.

I would recccommend overall....
But seriously, new hotel, such small pool....WHY?????

Room Tip: I always go through priority club. Trust it.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Juliem-20
Woodbridge, VA
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This is the 2nd time I've spent a week at the Bellevue Holiday Inn Express... once by myself and once with 3 small children and my hubby. Yes, I enjoyed the time ALONE BEST!☺
This hotel is conveniently located next to a Super Walmart that is excellent for any "oops, I forgots". There are plenty of restaurants (Outback, Applebees, Sonic, Chipotle, Arbys, Buffalo Wild Wings, IHop, etc)... stores (Michaels, Payless, etc)... all within walking distance, should you be without a car and need something.

The staff is always wonderful and friendly. The beds are COMFY, pillows come in soft and firm with 4 per bed. They offer a great govt rate of $77/nt + tax, so still under $100. This includes a nice breakfast each morning (45 second pancakes, eggs, sausage/ bacon, biscuits and gravy, yogurts, muffins, cereals, oatmeals, hard boiled eggs, bananas/apples, bagels, toast, their famous cinnamon rolls...). The kids enjoy it each and every time and this saves us money on eating out so much during a visit home.

Also, Mon-Thu from 5-7/7:30pm, they offer a happy hour, social hour... typically a chees tray, veggies, chips/salsa... BEER ON TAP, WINE, juices and drinks. Very nice just to grab a snack and get out of the room.

The pool is small but just the right size with little ones. Warm and fun with a hot tub to cozy you up.

What else? Nice rooms, good size, I prefer the 2 queen, NON SMOKING (clarify because they still offer smoking rooms in this place).

Very happy with this hotel and will continue to go back when I visit family!

Room Tip: Ask for special rates, discounts and NON SMOKING
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family