All reviews underground parking bedroom suite continental breakfast discovery center wolves howling two sinks full kitchen boiled eggs within walking distance west entrance yogurt yellowstone national park in town the breakfast area location is great beds were comfortable indoor pool
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Our room was great: roomy, nicely appointed and comfortably clean! But the best thing about the hotel was the front desk manager, Katie! She was so helpful with places to eat, where to go for snowmobile activities, and extremely knowledgeable about the Park! Great winter rates too!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shoffnerd
Evan_Tennant, Manager at Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Hello Shoffnerd,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We will make sure and let Katie know that you appreciated her, she will be thrilled. We hope you can come back and see us again very soon!

Gray Wolf Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Travel dates 02/12-02/16/2016. Family; snowmobiling

We have stayed at this hotel before and knew that we liked it. When I booked this hotel, there was NO indication that the pool would be closed at the time of our arrival. I think it should be mandatory to disclose this type of thing on the website at the time of booking. Traveling with children, it's an important detail for most people.

We arrived at the hotel around midnight. I noticed the sign as I passed by the pool. I commented to the lady at the front desk and she said "well if you really need to use a pool, you can use the one at the Holiday Inn." I was pretty irritated. Had I known at the time of booking, I would've booked a different location.

We were able to use the pool at the Holiday Inn, but it was super inconvenient. Imagine dragging kids out to the truck in the snow, driving 3 blocks, swimming, then returning with wet hair in the freezing temperatures. Not my idea of a good time... but that's what we had to do.

It should be mandatory to disclose this at the TIME OF BOOKING.

HOTEL:
The hotel is decent as a whole. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Internet is "ok" - intermittently drops. Over-sized fridge in the room, which is nice. Room had 2 coffee pots, but no coffee.... They do offer coffee/hot chocolate 24-7 in the lobby. Breakfast could use some attention. The days we went, they were out of items and the time still had over an hour left.

PARKING:
Parking is kind of a challenge if you have snowmobile trailers. I guess that's what you have to deal with when you bring your own equipment. I just wish people would pay attention to the configuration of trailers so as to not block your entrance/exit of the snowmobiles. They do have underground parking for smaller vehicles.

I would stay here again; I just think they should do a better job of posting construction on their website. It was quite the hassle for us... as I'm certain it was for other guests with children.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Hello Jannster,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Gray Wolf Inn & Suites. We are very sorry for the lack of notification that our pool would be closed during our remodel. We absolutely understand the hassle with children and using another facilities pool and the inconvenience of having no pool during your stay. We have made note of your comments for discussion with our staff in order to make improvements. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again soon.

Gray Wolf Inn & Suites

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We were there with a tour group. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The continental breakfast was very good, with a large variety of items. Our room was cold at night and I was unable to raise the temp in the room. We had a double room, so I took all the cover off the 2nd bed and piled it on our bed. I liked the fact that we were just across the street from a Wolf & Grizzly rescue. They had closed when we arrived and we left early, but I would love to return and visit that place. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate it. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and our staff. We have taken your comments to our facilities staff in order to see how we can ensure the room is not uncomfortable for other guests, thank you for mentioning it. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again very soon.

Gray Wolf Inn and Suites

Reviewed 10 February 2016

We have been to the park every year for 41 years. First time in the winter. We purchased the room and snow coach tour together. Best idea ever. The hotel was under construction. But the workers waited until 8am to start. The room was clean and newly remodeled. Staff was very friendly we arrived on Super Bowl Sunday and the desk clerk said they would be ordering pizza and watching it in the lobby. Great! I always read the trip advisor and I can say this is definitely a good hotel to stay in. The breakfast was a good continental style don't expect bacon and eggs. I wish we would have known about the pool under construction and being closed until April. But not a big deal breaker. The hotel clerk told us we could go to the Holiday Inn and use there facilities when we arrived there after being in the park all day and cold all of there guest also had the same idea standing room only so we left went back to the Wolf Inn. Long story short I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate it. We have made note of your comments in order to speak with our staff regarding improvements. We apologize for the pool being closed during our renovation. Thank you for the recommendation, that means a lot to us. We sih you safe travels and hope you can come back and see us again very soon!

Gray Wolf Inn and Suites

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Gray Wolf is conveniently located - just one minute drive to the entrance to West Yellowstone and only a few minute walk from everything, including a grocery store, which we visited to stock up our food supplies.

The hotel itself is very nice. Rooms are large and clean, with a special grey wolf toy which my son absolutely loved and made us buy upon checkout. There's also a microwave in the room when u need to heat up food.

Breakfast was great with plenty of choice. You can also grab a coffee/tea anytime of the day. Just be sure to avoid the timing when huge tour buses are about to leave, or prepare to bring food back and eat in your room.

My kids had fun in the heated pool which is great after a day in Yellowstone.

There's also an entrance to the hotel towards the end of the long corridor, which makes it very convenient for guests staying at that end.

My only grouses is the washing room. From my experience, its the most crowded place of the hotel during evening, when most are back from their day Yellowstone.For some reason, there is just not enough dryers to go around. You have no problem getting your clothes into the washing machine, but the dryer seemed to be perpetually occupied all the time. And the washing room closes at 9pm and only reopens at 9am the following morning, which make it impossible to dry the clothes in the morning as we liked to hit Yellowstone NP early in the morning. There was one night which I had to dump all my wet clothes into plastic bags and bring them back to the room and try to hang dry them. Would have given a five star if not for the washing room.

Will return to Gray Wolf if we visit Yellowstone NP again :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the other end from the reception is quiet yet conveniently accessible from carpark, complete with lift for higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Hello Wintink.

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that your experience staying with us at the Gray Wolf Inn & Suites was a pleasant one. We apologize for the issues with washing machines and will speak with our staff regarding making improvements to the guest laundry. We hope that you can make your way back to come stay with us very soon, thanks again.

The Gray Wolf Inn & Suites