All reviews spotty wifi biscuits and gravy front desk staff large room yellowstone trip yogurt great location comfortable beds would stay here again genaro eclipse nightly soap proximity guests lobby motel
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights here! Great access to Yellowstone! Front desk staff were great, very helpful. Recommended the Slippery Otter Pub (excellent choice, went twice)
Room was excellent! Comfy bed, clean bathroom, breakfast was perfect with all sorts of selections for everyone! I would highly recommend it to anyone and we would surely go back also!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for your great review! I do hope you come back again and want to make sure you are aware that we always give an extra discount to our return guests so please make sure to contact us directly if you return and I will make sure you get that discount. I wish you safe travels on all your journeys!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

This place is fabulous. (It's been painted and great on outside unlike this picture.) The rooms are excellent, spacious and clean. The complementary breakfast has all breakfast foods available and tasted great. The staff were able to meet our trip schedules changes. All the staff are amenable.

Stayed: June 2018
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I always make sure to give our return guests an extra discount to show my appreciation so please contact us if you wish to stay again so I can make sure you receive that discount. I wish you safe travels on all your journeys!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Nice motel, extremely nice staff. Great location and clean nice accommodations. Pet friendly. Would stay here again and would recommend to others. Front desk lady recommended the Slippery Otter Pub and Grill for dinner when asked.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you come back again. I always give our return guests an extra discount to show my appreciation so please contact me directly if you come back and I'll make sure you get that. I wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The place is close to the entrance, clean and very comfortable, the only negative comment is the walls are a little thin. The breakfast that is included is really good left full Everytime. The staff very nice and accommodating.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review! If you'd ever like to stay to stay with us again please keep in mind that I always give an extra discount to our return guests to show our appreciation. Please feel free to contact me directly if you visit again so I can make sure you get that discount. I wish you safe travels on all your journeys!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

And it's not a joke. It's really the worst hotel i have ever visited.

Well, of course, it's overpriced but it's near Yellowstone, so it's reasonable. But we should have guessed before when we noticed that it alwas had vacant rooms.

Staff isn't polite and friendly. An latin-american cleaner just broke in our room. Without any knocking. Just broke when my wife was naked. What?! Of course no apologized from him.

Asked for water at the reception. Just for regular water. A receptionist didn't even look at us. "We don't have water" and started talking on phone. They just don't care.

Breakfast is crappy and even though old woman who presumably was a cleaner tried to make us put dirty plates to a bin. The most funny thing - bin was completely full (looked unpleasantly) and she couldn't even speak English. Hey, i thought i came not in Mexico.

Well, at least we maked up this crappy time in the hotel with apples and bananas that we took (the only tasty things in the breakfast).

Room Tip: Just don't book this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Владимир Б
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I notice you spent 3 nights here, I always let people check out early with no penalty if they are not happy with us, so we would have let you check out after the first night and helped you find other accommodations had you let us know you were not satisfied. I certainly would not stay at a place for 3 nights if I disliked it as much as you appear to have disliked our hotel.

I would also note that we have an entire station right next to our front desk that is devoted to a huge display that has fruit infused water, there is a coffee machine on it and freshly baked cookies every day.

As the manager of this small, family run hotel, I do take some of these reviews personally, even though I know better and 99% of the time I'm able to read the other great reviews and just let it go. I would even let your review go had you not said what you did about some of my staff. Your comment "Hey, i thought i came not in Mexico" is not ok with me. I have an extremely hard-working staff and for someone clearly not from the U.S. I would think you would have more tolerance, but I guess intolerance and bigotry know no geographic bounds. My staff doesn't "break in to rooms", they knock and identify themselves as housekeeping. We also have a security lock inside your door that, when latched, prevents anyone from entering the room. We also provide a "do not disturb" sign to place outside your door for anyone who wants to make sure that housekeeping does not knock until you want them to.

My response to this review is not just for you, it's for everyone who is looking to stay with us and trying to figure out whether we are a good fit for them or not. My response is clearly not the boiler plate standard that we are encouraged to write "we are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, I hope you will come back and let us try again". I accept we aren't a good fit for all guests, and all guests aren't a good fit for us. If you don't have tolerance for people from different countries then really, you shouldn't even be visiting this area period. Yellowstone Park has a very diverse variety of visitors from every country. West Yellowstone has a large population of Hispanic staff at every hotel and restaurant in town, many have lived here all their lives and are citizens and some are here on work visa's. We appreciate them and personally, I care for them as if they were family.

At any rate, based on your experience here it's safe to say you won't be staying with us again and that's ok with me. I wish you safe travels.