“Amazing”

Taqueria Las Palmitas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Who knew how easy it would be to get authentic Mexican cuisine in West Yellowstone, MT? This place is great. Super friendly staff, attentive, fast, and cute atmosphere. Easy to get to go and there are many options which are customizable. The only downfall is that they're closed in the winter.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I was forewarned about lousy food in West Yellowstone, with its slim choices of fast food, greasy American food (in the form of burgers), or pizza. So when an innkeeper in Gardiner (which I stayed earlier) recommended this "taco bus", I went and was not disappointed. It's not fancy, in fact I love that it's a converted school bus. First night I got the enchilada with al pastor (came with beans and rice), it was filling and good value (about $10). I returned and got the burrito with carnitas and red sauce, also came beans and rice on the side; this wasn't a burrito to be eaten with your hands but with fork and knife, and I devoured it! There's no alcohol served, so I got the food to go and had it with wine in my motel room, classy!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a convention and wanted something quick yet not fast food. We saw the Taqueria bus and thought why not? We weren't disappointed. Don't let the bus fool you they have a full menu and lunch and the food was better than some sit down restaurants I've been to. There is seating outside and limited seating in the bus. Be sure to stop in!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Good food, and freshly made for a reasonable price. Their salsa is not medium, but HOT (habanero) but the dishes were made quickly and for a very fair price.

Good luck trying to find the same in West Yellowstone without he wait and additional cost. Friendly folks.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Burrito Verde with shredded beef. The burrito had rice and beans with shredded beef wrapped in a flour tortilla, topped with green salsa. Very good!

Date of visit: September 2017