See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Cold.....small electric heater for heat......don't take off your shoes as carpet is filthy. Bathroom...not good...beds not good....smelly ..Owners nice enough, but need to call to check in and out. Stay in Glendive!!! Train goes by constantly.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Being from Iowa we were at the mercy of our sparce phone service to help locate a motel during our trip. We chose this location....as there are only two in town. We paid for our room, unlocked it to see what the room was like, used the restroom and walked to the American Legion uptown for some pizza. After we ate we walked back. Upon entering we were met with bugs on the telephone. My husband killed them but refused to bring any of our personal items into the unit. The wallpaper was pealing off as well. We tried to settle in the room but it felt like our skin was crawling. My husband made the decision to leave the hotel immediately and went to the main home to tell the owner about our delema is and ask for a refund. The owner told him too bad and shut the door in his face as he tried to hand her the key. She also told him that her inspector stays in the same room as U.S. And there have not been any issues with him. She did in fact charge our credit card for $65 for the overnight rate despite the fact that we didn't spend even 45 minutes in this bug invested unit. I would advise anyone who can make it to a different town to do so. From the owners response to previous comments she has a take it or leave it mentality and views changing the sheets prior to your stay a luxury but vacuuming the floors as an option.

Room Tip: Another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Heather M
Oledia H, Owner at Diamond Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2016

you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such garbage,you were charged for the night, you stated when you checked in you were only staying a few hours, then getting back on the road,you stayed sleep in bed, even tried to remake the bed, but you put the bed spread on sideways, lol we don't rent by the hour,so take your free loading some place else you are no longer welcome here, oledia owner of the diamond motel

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

A very cute motel. Extremely friendly staff. Dog friendly. No pet fee was nice. And the entire staff was very welcoming. The room was clean and the bed was so comfy. The room has a fridge, big tv, and free wifi. Within walking distance from really good food and gas. Roy rogers burgers was great food. About 2 minutes walking distance. Recommend staying here. :)

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 12 August 2015

The Good: The folks here are very nice and friendly, the shower head is very high up (great for my husband who is over six feet tall) and the bed was comfortable.

The Bad: The shower...hot water never got hot, it was only lukewarm. Coffee maker in the room but...no coffee. The toilet seat...when you sat down, it shifted off the hinges so you had to be careful not to fall in. Outlets...plugs would not stay in/would fall out when trying to use chargers or laptop. Internet was non-existent as the WiFi would disappear completely from the list so I couldn't use the laptop anyway. Main light fixture in the room flickered the entire time from dim to dimmer. The tub drain was out so there was a big hole in the center of the shower.

The Ugly: The walls were peeling...not paint, but the actual walls. Rust stains in the sink and no stopper/drain. The decor was indescribable...think flea market leftovers, plastic flowers and there were magazines from 1997 in the sleep and bathroom areas. No breakfast offered. I understand this is a budget motel but we have paid $10 less a night at motels that were much nicer and offered at least a continental breakfast in the morning. For the room price we paid, this place is way overpriced.

Did I mention though that the folks were nice and the bed was comfortable? Those two things saved this review from being a 1 star.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2014

I visited my hometown for a funeral.We drove from Kalispell and it took longer than expected the room was reserved for 2 days and we showed up at 8A.M. on the second day. The owners are awesome! Because we expected to be in during the early morning hours they made special arrangements for us to get into our room. I anticipated our arrival time to be 4 A.M.. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I love that the buildings are old, and the light fixtures are antique. My mother told me the building has been there as long as she has, she's 67 years old. We left behind a pair of glasses that the owners sent to us priority mail. I can't say too many wonderful things about these folks and their business. Terry is a great little town full of down to earth Montana folks. My experience with Diamond Motel is Montana at it's finest. I have the utmost respect for these people!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family