All reviews the river hotel restaurant room facing nice hotel fourth floor front desk staff fitness center convenient location nice room comfortable rooms staff was friendly the clark fork river conference university brooks megan trail
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice location and hotel. Up with the times quite nicely. The restaurant would be better if the chicken and waffles where boneless as it would make it easy. Great bartender. Front desk clerk said she could look up my rewards without my number and never did causing me to put in a claim to acquire points. This also did not get me recognized as a high memeber or offered an upgrade as the status says happens. Would recommend on all aspects just need some more training I suppose at front desk.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Loved that this hotel is close to everything we were looking to visit in Missoula. They are in the middle of some remodeling, so the parking was crowded. Good comfortable room.
I am used to staying at another hotel in town that has breakfast included, so was surprised the pricing was the same here with no breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

We spent only one night in this vibrant city.
Location close to the riverside.
Accomodation almost without any complaints except construction works in front of the hotel.
Spacious room, clean. cutting edge bath.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hans-Martin M
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at this property approximately 7 times not counting the most recent visit. The rooms are always clean and comfortable but had become quite dated. On this most recent stay I noticed that have been doing some significant renovations. The lobby has been completely remodeled and looks really nice. They are just now finishing up the outside entrance. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the fourth floor rooms have been renovated since my last visit and fortunately I was on the fourth floor so I got to see the new rooms (photos attached). According to the manager the third floor rooms were next to be renovated.

The are pretty well laid out for working. Adequate power at the desk, good lighting, TV can be swiveled to see it from the desk, the Internet is of good speed (cell service not so great but that’s not the hotels fault) — overall, good work space. The Keurig coffee pot is right next to the work area. You can’t make a very big cup of coffee but it’s better than nothing.

The renovated bathrooms are nice with good lighting and a large, walk-in shower. The toilet is a bit under-powered. Towels were of good quality and the bathroom had a hair dryer (I didn’t need it but I saw it). The toiletries are good.

The bed was comfortable and the linens were of good quality. The furniture in the room is a bit “stiff”, not terribly comfortable.

There is an airport shuttle that is on call and the restaurant on the first floor serves a very good breakfast (they have a full bar and menu as well, I just really like the breakfast).

The staff is always courteous and smiling. It's a short walk to the down town area so restaurants, the park and shops are plentiful within a few blocks of the property.

While I know this isn't the fault of the hotel I have noticed that cell service on the property is disproportionately bad for some reason. Walk outside and it's almost perfect, walk in the building and the signal drops to "barely connected".

Overall, very good.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Stayed last night; attended a concert downtown and this hotel is extremely convenient to downtown Missoula. The hotel has had quite a bit of construction but the lobby entrance is open and looks very nice. Upon check in I was welcomed as Gold guest..and I guess he decided to upgrade my room. We had booked a king atrium room and ended up with a king river view room. Now I don't really care about the river view because the windows are not overly large and so you have to look directly out to see the river; but I did appreciate the upgrade. We took our luggage to the room and left for the concert. We arrived back to our room about 11:00pm, tired and ready for a good nights sleep. Unfortunately this room was directly above the Brooks and Browns bar and outdoor patio. So we had groups of people directly below our window laughing, shouting and having a good time. In addition music (especially the bass) boomed through our window/floor. We considered changing rooms but didn't have the energy to go through the gyrations of room changing. Well the noise lasted about an hour. The next morning while checking out I was all prepared to let the front desk know the issue, but they never asked how was my stay, so instead here is the review. Tip... don't stay in 223 or riverview rooms higher until you clear the patio which should be rooms 231 or higher. I would suspect the third and fourth floor rooms in those numbers could be just as bad. Other than the noise issue the room was clean, the bed comfortable and everything in working order.

Room Tip: Don't stay in riverview rooms 223 and up to 231 on weekends, bar and patio will interrupt your sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple