other traveller has booked this property
Kitchen Bedroom
Kitchen
Bedroom
Kitchen
Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Scio, Oregon
“Holy Moly”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This review is for the Glacier Ridge Inn and Suites in Kalispell Montana. I would not stay here again if my life depended on it. Kent and his Wife Monet run this place… Its very cute and well equipped, the bed is excellent and it is well decorated. That’s where the fun stops. First of all it is on the intersection of two busy highways. The road noise is significant. There is a garbage truck that comes at least 3, sometimes 4 days a week between 4:30 and 5:15 AM Saturday, Sunday, Monday with out fail. There is a Travel lodge next door, and sometimes their occupants get loud out in the parking lot. The air conditioning is inadequate for the rooms. There is no laundry available and the fridge is a mini fridge.
I work construction and they threatened to make me pay for towels, all the while the “housekeeper” was sweet to my face. They asked me to keep my room more tidy… the first time any hotel has asked that of me. Everytime housekeeping comes in they turn off the AC.
The real beef is that I had established with Kent that I needed a place to stay for the duration of summer while I worked in the area, with a few breaks where I had to return home for work training, or fulfilling my service obligation to the Oregon Army National Guard. We agreed on a price, over the phone that met federal per diem rates. Upon check in I gave him a list of dates that I would be staying. To include my checkouts to attend my Guard drills. After staying there almost a month it was time to return to Oregon. Kent asked if I could just keep the room over the month because the “house keeper” (he calls his wife the house keeper) didn’t want to do a full clean. His counter offer was to charge me $99 a night over the 3 days I was gone. Mind you two days prior he had no reservations booked for my room for the weekend. When I refused, he said he wouldn’t be able to guarantee the rest of my stay AND he would have to charge me at a higher rate. .

Cleanliness Service
Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
Pamela P
Boise, Idaho
“Trucks, loud trucks!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed two nights in Kalispell so we could ride to Flathead Lake and the Going to the Sun Highway in Glacier National Park; unbeknownst to us, there was some sort of dragon boat racing and all other hotels were full. I received an email confirmation of the dates and price as well as specifying the suite we reserved, a ground floor unit, they asked and we prefer ground floor. We arrived about an hour before check in but were giving the keys and asked to come back in a half hour. Also, we were told we could not have a ground unit, weird, I have a letter stating we had reserved one. We were anxious to get in the room as we again had been traveling in a heavy down pour of rain on our motorcycles. The room was clean and comfortable. We cleaned up and decided to walk to dinner, warning, not much in open in downtown Kalispell on Sunday nights. After eating we return for what we hoped to be a good night’s rest, wrong! According to all of the traffic signs trucks were prohibited from using their compression brakes within the city, wrong again! The suites sit about half a block off the intersection of Highway 2 and Highway 93, incredibly noisy!!! The bedroom was very stuffy; there was a fan in the closet which we set on a chair to draw some of the AC air from the main area into the bedroom as opening a window was out of the question due to noise. The logging trucks started at 5:30am and all used their compression brakes as they approached the busy intersection. Additionally, our unit looked down on the parking lot and building of RAC, they had easy viewing into our rooms if we did not keep the blinds closed. I would not stay there again nor would I tell anyone to stay for the price. The location with the noise is one of the worst I have experienced!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing