“Our favorite place in the Valley!”
Review of North Bay Grille - CLOSED

North Bay Grille
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2014

We eat at North Bay on a fairly regular basis. The food is always wonderful, wait staff is attentive, and the atmosphere is great. The french onion soup is the best I have found from anywhere in the country and I travel a lot. We tend to eat later in the evenings and we've never had any issues with the quality we have come to expect from the North Bay Grille, in both food or service. Only wish there were more excellent options to choose from on their recently changed menu.

Reviewed 22 October 2014

The setting and the decoration of the restaurant is good

However the food came average

The onion soup arrived cold

The grilled salmon was overcooked

1  Thank Juneau65
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Let me start with the positive. We did not have a reservation, but were ale to walk right in and be seated. The fact that it wasn't very full was good for quick seating, but we should have figured it was for a reason. The service staff was very friendly and attentive, but just a little slow on refills. I'm sure they were trying to get by with minimal staff to reduce costs with the low census.

Now for the not so good. I ordered the Prime Rib and asked for it medium rare and it came out lukewarm. I had to send it back to be cooked a bit more and warmed up. Well, that didn't quite work out, but the third time was a charm and then it was finally warm enough to eat. In their defense, my definition of medium rare, medium and medium well is not always the same as the chef's, nor is it among many chef's so I can't really fault them with it being under cooked, as that was my opinion. I can fault them for sending out a lukewarm piece of meat. The other meals at the table were liked, just not worth the price. When you pay a premium price, you want an excellent meal, not one you can get at just any restaurant and that is what you get here, average food at premium prices. I also ordered a cocktail with dinner, but I was hard pressed to taste any alcohol in my drink. I went ahead and drank it, but it was a less than average cocktail and not one I would ever order again. Once again, way over priced for what I got.

I would go here again if with others that wanted to give it a try, but will not if it's my choice as it's just not worth the price. It was average food and drinks at premium prices.

1  Thank TravelBrainstorm
Reviewed 30 September 2014

The waitstaff is always friendly and they seem to genuinely want you in their restaurant. The food is okay - nothing special but not terrible either. It's one of the better eating options in Kalispell. A delightful place for happy hour - their bar is well-stocked and the atmosphere is friendly and inviting.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

Alway good service and interesting food at North Bay. Another detail that pleases us is that it is large and rarely full....we seem to be able to stop in without reservations.

Staff is friendly and efficient.