All reviews celtic cowboy irish pub local artists downtown great falls celtic bar pub next door type hotel oldest building cute hotel parking garage beautiful artwork spacious king suite potato pancakes an art gallery modern interior design recommend hotel chain hotels
Reviewed 30 April 2016

Downtown and coupled with a great Pub/Restaurant next door. Better than any hotel on the interstate and same price. Booked a queen standard and got upgraded to a King mini suite with kitchenette. Nice art furnishings throughout and very stylish remodel os old historic buildings. Quiet and very polite and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Historic Hotel Arvon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Howdy Mark
Thank you very much for sharing your Arvon Block experience! We certainly do our best to share true Montana hospitality with valued guests. It was such a pleasure spending time with you talking about our backyard here and your beautiful neck of the woods as well! We look forward to having you back as part of the Family here :)

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Well we arrived early and were able to check in early, got the room key and were off to check the room out. The room was nice but not what we requested. The room we reserved had a king bed and queen bed suite, what we got was a king bed and and a pull out couch, this did not work for me considering the price for the room. The front desk clerk helped ....some what. We got a tiny room with two queen beds.
After we checked into the room mom got stuck in the bathroom, the door stuck and I had a heck of a time to get it open.
In the morning we could not get the shower to turn on, it took all my strength to finally turn it on. Not a great room for seniors.
The room was so small we were tripping over each other all morning getting ready, Also the phone did not work.
The neighbourhood was scary no other places to go near by.
For historical reasons I am glad I stayed but will not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 606shawna
Patrick S, General Manager at Historic Hotel Arvon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Howdy 606shawna,
Thank you for your review of our one of a kind historic property. After having learned that you booked online I was able to discover that one of the booking agencies did not have our information correct of which they have adjusted. This is why we encourage travelers to call us directly. I am happy that you were able to check in early upon your arrival and saddened that you found your double queen room to not be the right fit as they are actually larger than at other properties. I have tried to address your other issues but have unfortunately not been able to locate them as everything is inspected daily by our property Engineers to ensure these issues are not encountered. Our beautiful downtown area in Great Falls has a plethora of restaurants, shops, art galleries, museums, walking trails along the Missouri river, well maintained parks, performing art centers, and even a top notch water park during the summer just steps away from our property. I would love the opportunity to invite you back and have one of our well trained Community Concierges here at The Arvon set up up a memorable itinerary for you and your Mother. Enjoy your safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a basic queen room. The room is small but it wasn't so small that it affected our stay. The hotel is wonderfully appointed and very cool. It has historic charm with modern comfort. The included breakfast is not just continental, it is breakfast at the Celtic Cowboy next door which is delicious. Will stay again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Historic Hotel Arvon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Howdy there!
Thank you very much for sharing your stay with us!! I too have a fond likeness for our Queen rooms of which each one has it's own uniqueness in fact 302 is my favorite.
Our breakfasts at The Celtic Cowboy are indeed special I always urge our guests to eat early because they will certainly need a long nap after such a great meal :) Enjoy your safe travels and we look forward to having you home with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Stayed 4 nights. Greatly enjoyed the hotel -- nicest accommodations I have experienced in Great Falls. Furniture and fittings are high end, setting is romantic yet comfortable. Fitness room (in basement) was well appointed and serviceable for the size of the hotel. Affiliated bar and restaurant (Celtic Cowboy) was fun and unique. Food great, ambience interesting, prices fair, service friendly but not super fast. Overall, a huge upgrade versus the typical "express" hotel with toaster waffles and airpot coffee that is available in Great Falls. I will be back.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are worth price upgrade. Exterior windows not available in every room. Use hotel parking garage to avoid meter tickets
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Patrick S, General Manager at Historic Hotel Arvon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Howdy there!
Thank you very much for sharing your Arvon Block experience with other valued travelers. It truly warms my Montana heart to read such nice reviews of our guests experiences and knowing that we will have the pleasure of having you back in the future. Travel safely and enjoy your road along the way!

Reviewed 30 March 2016

In Great Falls for a wedding. Stayed three nights in one of their suites. Very nice and well worth it. The extra space gave us a family gathering place that the regular, smaller rooms just don't offer.

Had our meals in the Celtic Cowboy. Great atmosphere and good hearty pub food.
But the service. It was slow, and I mean slow. Short staffed? Inexperience? Don't
know. Fortunately it really didn't bother us all that much. But it is something they should address soon. Out of town tourists are one thing, but they won't draw many locals with such slow service.

I don't know if the two businesses share ownership or staff. Would probably give an excellent review, rather than very good, if the Celtic Cowboy service was up to par.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Howdy 38north
Thanks for sharing your truly respected experience of the Arvon Block! It warms my heart to know that you felt at home, comfy, welcomed, and protectively tucked away with us :)
I'm saddened by your experience in our Celtic part of "the block" as i'm sure Robert Vaughn would have been himself (after all his office was in it). Just like the days when he was around, we create our dining from scratch and yes the wait time is rather long but its genuinely our goal to have you sit at our Irish dinner table to a wholesome experience....all of this takes time and our staff has already been reminded that everyone sitting at our tables are Family. Can I invite you back?