“Sláite Chugat!”

Celtic Cowboy Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Celtic Cowboy Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 199 Restaurants in Great Falls
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the oldest commercial building in the heart of Downtown Great Falls, The Celtic Cowboy Pub and Restaurant brings outstanding food, drink and Live music to a wide variety of patrons. Utilizing over 10,000 square feet of this 1890 livery stable, The Celtic Cowboy is not just a Pub, it hosts the Darkhorse Wine Snug, a private wine bar, the Darkhorse Hall meeting and banquet space and the Pub itself, featuring over 30 beers on tap, along with full compliment of liquor and fine wine list. The Celtic Cowboy, Eat, Drink and be Irish!
Reviewed 23 September 2018

And I did, by raising a pint as we perused our lunch menus.

We chose this restaurant because both of us have a fondness for Irish food: colcannon and champ, boxty, boiled bacon and cabbage, soda bread. You name it, we've probably sampled it at one time or another. In addition, we'd heard and read good things about it.

I sipped my ale and we scanned the several choices for appetizers and lunch. My wife chose to have a cup of the Guinness stew and I settled on a cup of the roasted red pepper and tomato soup. Both were excellent. Hot (temp, not spice) and chock-a-block full of flavors. Good start.

We were not rushed. Our server paid attention and when we were finished with these our entrées arrived. Shepherd's pie (a double layer of potatoes encasing tender, tasty lamb) for my wife; a Cornish miner's pasty for me (okay, this isn't Irish but I couldn't resist. We couldn't have been more pleased. These were authentic and well-crafted.

An excellent lunch upon our arrival in Great Falls. It gets our highest recommendation.

Date of visit: September 2018
WaynefromMT, Manager at Celtic Cowboy Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

We are so happy to hear that you and your wife had such an enjoyable experience with us! It is so rewarding to hear kind words such as this!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

After a long cross-country trip, I dropped in to the pub attached to my hotel, the Hotel Arvon. As soon as I walked through the door, I was hit with the sights and sounds of a packed room, with everyone having a great time. I honestly forgot to shoot pics of the food, but had beef medallions at the suggestion of my waitress Theresa (who was amazing!) and then had bread pudding for dessert. Best bread pudding I’ve ever had. I was there on Wednesday night, when they have half-priced whiskey, and I took full advantage. Green Spot and Teelings. The mark of a well-run pub is how they handle the big three: bar, service and kitchen. Honestly, I’d give them five stars for each facet of the game. Would I come back? In a heartbeat.

Date of visit: September 2018
WaynefromMT, Owner at Celtic Cowboy Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hey there,
we are so delighted to hear about your positive experience with us! Our customers and their satisfaction are our top priorities! I hope you stop by again soon and thank you for the rating! :)

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

The service was great. The drinks always full and the food was on our table prompt. Hubby and I both had steak. I have to say my steak and fries was much better then his New York. Mine was even cheaper.t steak was marinated and tender. His was bland and had fatty pieces.

Date of visit: September 2018
WaynefromMT, Owner at Celtic Cowboy Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

This makes us so happy to hear! Thanks for visiting and we are looking forward to serving you again next time! :)

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Got the bacon wrapped steak medallions in Celtic cream sauce.
I ordered medium cooked and was brought medium so they know what they're doing. The steaks came on a bed of onion, potatoe, and asparagus.marinated in sauces. The meal felt a bit expensive for the portion size. However the flavor made up for size, steak was moist perhaps the bacon helps with that. Veggies were nicely marinated. Waitresses came by often to check satisfaction and top off drinks, there was live instrumental music in an easy going atmosphere. The place is decorated authentic to its name and felt very clean. This is a great place for a group of friends with a bit of culture.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for your kind words, Tyrell. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us! Thanks for visiting - looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We recently spent 2 days in Great Falls. We stayed next door at the historic Arvon Hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed.

In those two days we ate both breakfast and dinner both days at the Celtic Pub. It’s a really fun Irish Pub with great food.

We highly recommend both the Hotel and Pub to anyone visiting Great Falls. We loved our visit to Great Falls and these places added so much to the experience.

Date of visit: August 2018
WaynefromMT, Manager at Celtic Cowboy Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thanks for this feedback! It means a lot to know you had a great experience dining with us while in the area. We hope to see you again the next time you visit!