“Not on Central anymore”

Add it.
Luzs Mexican Food
Ranked #99 of 199 Restaurants in Great Falls
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Now up on 10th and 25th street. Food is home made. Salsa is good. Green sauce is better. Hot sauce acceptable. Tacos small and mostly flavorful. Chili relleno was not good with a breaded crust that tasted of stale over used oil. Might return to try their tamales some time.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Mediocre at best. Very bland food. Needed a magnifying glass to find the meat in the tacos. Rice tasted strange. Service was so so. You can get better food at Taco Del Mar by Smiths Groceries. And for less money.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

If I could give Luz Mexican Food less than a one star I would. This is not Mexican food! More like frozen to plate more like it.
It was well into the luch hour the place only had 4 customers that should have told me something.
There was no one to greet me at the door when I came in i was not sure if I should seat myself or not so I chose a table and seated myself.
After 5 minutes the waitress finally came by and said "I will be with you when I can" I thought ot myself the four people here have already eaten their plates are waiting to be picked up, why did she say that?"
Finally she shows back up again with the menu did not even want to take my drink order. I told her I wanted Ice tea as she was walking away.
The Chips and Salsa were not served right away which is customary she brought them out after she brought my tea.
She finally came back to take my order which was the Combonation Number 7 which was one very mushy beef enchalida,rice, beans and a taco if you can call it that.
The tortilla must have been left over, it was nothing but mush wrapped around beef and cheese wtih a few onion thrown in for good measure, as an after thought. It had absoutely no flavor.
The beans were the only thing with flavor.
The rice was yellow with absoutely no flavor whatsoever, I think it may have been minute rice with some sort of yellow color thrown in again after an after thought.
The pitiful little taco was on a fried torilla with beef that had no flavor, cheese and lettuce on top. The tortilla was chewy the edges were hard. You really had to use your molars to chew that baby.
I think there may have been a salad on the plate as well two tiny shreds of lettuce wtih one sliced black olive on either side of the plate
I left the best for last the basket of "homemade" tortilla chips had a stale burnt taste to them. Some of t"chips" were extemely chewy like the "taco". The salsa was more like pizza sauce very salty and no flavor like everything else.
When it came time to pay for this horror, I gave her a $20 bill, she disappeared for 10 minutes, I was becoming concerned I thought perhaps she had absconded with the money. She returned from the Casino next door wtith my change, I guess she stopped to play a couple of rounds on a machine before she returned with my change. Not once did she come by to check on how I was "enjoying" the food.Only when when she brought my bill did she ask if I wanted a refill never asked about the food....gee I wonder why?
About 15 miutes after eating this disaser I was sick, I almost did not make it back to work in time to hit the ladies room. I was back and forth for about an hour, the food just sat on my stomach making me sicker and sicker. I still feel ill my stomach is still churning.
The service is horrible, the food abominable, the atomsphere is lacking just white lights strung on the door and along the wall. There was no music playing in the background.
After the four people left i was the only one in the resturant for a good 20 minutes, finally an elderly couple made their way in I wanted to tell them to leave but I behaved myself and kept quiet.
I am from South Texas so I know what good Mexican food should taste like and this is a far cry from anything Mexican I have ever eaten outside of a Patio or El Monterray frozen food box.
Do not waste your time, money or risk getting sick eating here. Drive a block down and go to El Comodor, or drive back up 10 Ave to the mall for Fiesta En Jalisco or drve across town to eat at Maria's any place but here.

2  Thank starsweptsky
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Good food. We were told there will be beer and wine in the near future. The food is good and the salsas and sauces are great

Reviewed 20 May 2015

This place has moved from its downtown location, out to 10th Ave S. (Don't let google convince you it's closed!) Parking and entrance is in the back. Service was fast and friendly, and our server was very attentive. The chips are homemade flour tortilla chips, and the salsa is EXCELLENT! Not too spicy, but full of wonderful flavor. I had the beef enchiladas and they were delicious - the sauce was very tasty, and again, not too spicy, but still flavorful. My sister had the chile rellenos, which she proclaimed to be

Date of visit: May 2015