“Seriously overrated.”

Tap House Grill & Lounge
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Diner, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are opening for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also have a full bar that has over 70 different beers...
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The service was mediocre, the food was borderline. Restaurant refused our "free dessert" coupon because it was one day expired. Really? A promotional coupon? Never going back, sorry.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our food wasn't good at all. My husband's burger was just average and my lobster macaroni was disgusting. Thankfully, they took my meal off our bill.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

The story I heard was that the former chef at the country club is at this restaurant. This is my second time to this restaurant. You can dress up or dress down here and while there is not cloth napkins, they use the cloth-like paper ones.

The salmon with mango salsa was not overcooked, even though the filet was very thin. the salsa was not just the kind you can buy at the big box stores, it had red pepper in it. Although it was spicy, it did not suffocate the fish. The waitress reported that the salmon was wild, not farm.

My friend and I shared, so I got half of her sirloin with a bleu cheese sauce. It was not slathered in sauce, like gravy. It was put on the perfectly cooked (medium rare) meat with a very, very light hand that let it be just the right accent, thereby letting the beef stand front and center. Beef in central Montana does not NEED anything, but it is nice to have something different and this was the perfect choice.

I had grilled broccoli and deep fried green beans as my two sides. The broccoli was still vibrantly green, but tender and a bit juicy from the grill; broccoli is not my favorite vegetable and I loved it. The green beans were good to try and I can see them a snack with a specialty beer in the bar next door. They were recommended by our young waitress and she was right, they could probably be addictive.

Since it was Cinco de Mayo and it is tough this far north to find a good mariachi band, we went for margaritas to drink. They were fine, nothing to write home about.

The menu is varied here, something for everyone, even children. Even with a downtown location, we did not find any difficulty finding parking on a Saturday evening. I am eager to go back and continue trying out the entire menu.

1  Thank SoloSlowTouring
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We got the first round relatively quickly but then never saw another server.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The restaurant is nice good atmosphere , good food, love their eggs bennadick crepes yum make sure to tell them how you like you're eggs cooked, lounge fun friendly