“First visit west”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Crevice Mountain Lodge
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This place gives you the real feel of being in the mountains!
Cheryl was a wonderful hostess. The food was excellent! The atmosphere
Up on the mountains was warm and cozy. Our cottage was cozy with its fireplace and very comfortable bed! Can't wait to go back again!!!

Room Tip: The view of the mountains is breathtaking from any window! The bed is extremely comfortable and co...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 22dawnj
cherylstandish, Owner at Crevice Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Thank you so much! It was great meeting you both and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Montana:)

Reviewed 11 September 2016

We spent 2 nights at Crevice Mountain Lodge in one of their comfy cabins. This was the best place we stayed on our 2 week trip through WY and MT. I wish we could have stayed a week. Cheryl was a very gracious host and welcomed us into her home for breakfast and dinner. The cabins were comfortable and clean. If you are adventurous there is plenty of exploring in the surrounding mountains. We will definitely stay here again! It exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank sisham2016

Thank you! I so much appreciate sharing this part of God's splendor with folks like you.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Leave the crowds to find this beautiful and solitary place; it feels like stepping back in time. The host is a gem and will take care of you in every way. The food is excellent, the hiking is terrific. The view across the plateau is unparalleled, with hundreds of miles of completely unspoiled nature: not a road or building in sight. As you might have gathered from a different person's review, this isn't for everyone. If you are looking for a Hilton with concierge service, go somewhere else. It isn't rustic in the trendy style sense; it's a set of honest mountain cabins with a hundred years of history. As to the road: it's a pretty normal mountain dirt road. Take it slow, steer around the rocks and you'll be fine. A 4WD will certainly help. Plan on it taking you at least 30 minutes to make it up the mountain. One minor correction: listing says no kitchen facilities in cabin, but there is a decent wood-burning stove (bring a cast-iron skillet and cook away), as well as a kettle and coffee maker. What else do you need?

Can't recommend it enough. This was the perfect place for us; our only regret was that we weren't able to stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank dlovegrove

Thank you :) The county did bring up some road material finally now in October so the road is a better. I love sharing this place with the people it's made for. Like you said, it's not for everyone but it is real ! :)

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

I wish I could give six stars to Crevice Mountain Lodge. The proprietor went out of her way to make my wife and our two young kids comfortable and well fed. This place overlooks Yellowstone! Stare off into the park; explore her property; build a bonfire; go back for seconds (or thirds!) at dinner.

It's all right there and we can't wait to go back and visit.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Peterschrappen1
cherylstandish, Owner at Crevice Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

It was great having your family and it's nice to know that we can help children experience fun without electronics.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

Very surprised to see someone have such an attitude and give a "terrible" rating for this wonderful place. I was actually there at that same time and felt the need to submit my own review. Both times I've stayed here Cheryl has been a very gracious host.

Yes, the road going up is steep and bumpy in places but it is safe and wide enough for 2 vehicles to pass each other. Just slow down a bit and enjoy the journey. Cheryl made sure we were aware of the road prior to booking.

Yes, there are mosquitos but its hard to find a place that doesn't have them. I put on a little repellent and enjoyed hours of peace on the porch after dinner.

This is a very beautiful and peaceful place. I appreciate the fact that Cheryl takes pride in the history of the mountain and we enjoyed talking with her and learning about her experiences up there.

The home-cooked meals were wonderful with breakfast at your requested time and dinner at 6:30pm. The cabins are rustic, clean, and cozy. The views from the top of the mountain are incredible.

Horseback riding is available a few miles away but we did not take advantage of that.

I look forward to my next trip up that way and will surely stay at Crevice Mountain if there is availability.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aa-hpwillis

Thank you so much :) I have enjoyed visiting with you both. I look forward to your return:)