“Review doesn't matter anymore the place is closed for business.”
Review of Montana Jack's

Montana Jack's
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Fishtail
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: View
Good for: View
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Use to like it a lot and really sorry it went under but it did. Location was beautiful and it made for a real nice day trip. Sorry more folks didn't feel that way.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Had a blast here both nights we stayed in town. The drinks are cheap and come at you quick, the food is great, staff is very nice, tons of room. Highly recommended to pop through and tip back a local craft brew. Or 9. Up to you. :)

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

I was at the opening of Montana Jack's. It was nice, but not great.

We were going to eat at the Cowboy Bar, but poor service and discomfort led us to leave and head the extra miles to Montana Jack's.

It was the best decision EVER! Starting with the hosts finding us a booth, even though we didn't have reservations. Our server was wonderful. The food... I have never in my life ordered a meal and eaten it as is. I have always altered it somehow. Salt & pepper, ketchup, steak sauce, etc... Everything on my plate was undeniably amazing! Nothing else needed. The steak frites were beyond compare. The potatoes were perfectly seasoned.

Acting out of character for me, I HAD to have desert... And their chefs did not disappoint. I was served a phenomenal chai/caramel creme brulee... I ate every bite!

The only bad part of the night was finding out that Montana Jack's is closing its doors on September 28, 2014. I almost cried. I'm so sad that I discovered this gem too late...

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We discovered this place as a recommendation from a friend, "GREAT" recommendation! Food and service were top shelf and far above what you'd expect from a restaurant in an out of the way location like this. Out of the way but with beautiful scenery and truly fantastic food. You won't be disappointed with this destination dining experience!!
It is in our plans for another day trip soon. I should mention the very friendly staff that truly enhance the meal. Great place this!!

1  Thank doug s
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Wow. I couldn't believe the yummy and fresh local food at this place. I wanted to try everything on the menu! Plus there was good beer, wine, and liquor. I had never had Pho before. Who could have guessed I would have a delicious bowl of it in tiny Dean/Fishtail Montana? I also had some kind of bison liver pate w/ chokecherry topping, and for dessert, one of the best things I've ever eaten--some kind of caramel or toffee "pudding" that is really cake. Wish I lived closer and could come more often.

1  Thank pinkhat_7