All reviews place to stay hidden gem canadian rockies basketball court wedding glacier playground montana complex miles microwave canada cozy mountains
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We stay here while cycling in the northwest with a group of cyclists. The double bed room cabins were charming, very clean and very reasonably priced. The setting was gorgeous with mountains surrounding us on 3 sides.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cyclist1954
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Our whole family was in town for a funeral and Sarah and Margaret made our stay here so comfortable. We needed rooms right away, and we also needed a reception location and were able to use the lodge, which was fantastic, clean, beautiful, full sound and AV system. We couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms are very nice, clean, the AC worked great, I just couldn't have found a better place to stay in Eureka. I highly recommend the Riverstone Family Lodge.

Room Tip: Each "Cabin" has a double room on one side with a kitchenette, and a single room on the other side with a door in between the two sides.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LAIslandHopper
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The owners keep their property pristine. We loved this place. Everything was very clean and every detail was well thought out. The rooms are duplexes, with one being larger with a refrigerator and microwave. Each had their own carport as well as a front and back porch. We will definitely stay here again. They had a great continental breakfast and the owner Margaret was super nice.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bjriver
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I grew up in Eureka, and wanted to have my wedding here in the worst way. I had stayed at the place several times, had seen the inside of the lodge - just needed to know pricing and options. We had drove 700 miles (one way) to visit for 3 days, and stayed at their lodge. I texted the wedding coordinator the evening we got there, (I had made the reservation a month prior and was instructed to do so.) I did not hear back from her until the day before we left. All the same, at least I got to meet with her. Went over details, and by the end of it I was 110% sure I wanted my wedding there. She was going to mail the proposal that same week.

Two weeks later I had not received it. Texted her, no response, called and left a voicemail, no response. Finally I called the lodge direct and was able to speak with her. She said she had mailed it, and verified my address. She offered to mail it again, because apparently emailing wasn't an option. I agreed as I know the post office can goof up and lose mail. She instructed me to let her know if I had not received it within 5 days. I gave her 8 with no luck. It is now two weeks later and still nothing. I have given up and moved onto other options.

I had been warned prior to meeting with the lady that they are very flaky out there, and sure enough they wasted well over a month of my time. With that being said, any couples looking for a wedding venue, save yourself the frustration and look elsewhere. Being a former long time resident of Eureka, it's very disheartening to know that kind of customer service is now considered acceptable.

Any time I've ever stayed there the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean, the lawns etc were all tended to. But unfortunately do to the experience I had trying to organize the best day of my life, I will no longer spend any money with them.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kawidig1983
Reviewed 25 November 2015

We had a group book for a weekend away. We were reluctant to book here as we had 2 prior bad experiences. We booked a room for 2 adults and 2 kids and were quoted a price and gave our CC information.

When we arrived we were charged an extra $100.00 and given a room for 7 people. We asked for a the room we were told we had held and were super rudely told they were fully booked. I found this odd as we have a place in the area and haven't seem more then a car or two at the lodge in month. We decided to take a look in the room and upon waking in were meet with a strong smell. It turned out to be unflushed urine in the toilet that had molded and darkened. The table was totally covered in food crumbs and the bedding and floor were covered in large dead flies. It was clear the room hadn't been kept up for months. We went back to the office to speak with the girl who again was extremely rude and before we could say a word we were handed a number for someone to call if we had an issue. We figured we would mention the rooms condition and ask if they could at least match the price we were promised. Angrily she said NO and asked if we wanted a refund. Now I was mad...we asked for the owners number and she refused and gave us a number that turned out to be a wrong number. As we left i walked in to give her back the key and rudely she ignored me and made a phone call as i waited. Then she turned her back to me like i wasnt there....That was it for me. We ended up loading up and meeting our group for a quick dinner and stayed in Eureka. My kids were so disappointed and had to deal with my youngest crying as they were looking forward to spending a few nights with the other kids.

3rd time was NOT a charm and as usual rudeness and cleanliness were major issues. We will no longer be recommending our friends stay here. Its unfortunate as we are building a home a few mins away. Other (local) friends told us the owner is a very reasonable and nice person and that we should call her to explain. Sadly we weren't able to get the correct number.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple