“Great Place to Stay!”

RiverStone Family Lodge
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way through to Idaho. What a nice surprise! Our room was super clean and the front desk staff very pleasant. The continental breakfast had the typical fare but a nice variety and was definitely adequate for our needs. Price was reasonable and we would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank jedmasters5

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We stay here while cycling in the northwest with a group of cyclists. The double bed room cabins were charming, very clean and very reasonably priced. The setting was gorgeous with mountains surrounding us on 3 sides.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cyclist1954
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Our whole family was in town for a funeral and Sarah and Margaret made our stay here so comfortable. We needed rooms right away, and we also needed a reception location and were able to use the lodge, which was fantastic, clean, beautiful, full sound and AV system. We couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms are very nice, clean, the AC worked great, I just couldn't have found a better place to stay in Eureka. I highly recommend the Riverstone Family Lodge.

Room Tip: Each "Cabin" has a double room on one side with a kitchenette, and a single room on the ot...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LAIslandHopper
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The owners keep their property pristine. We loved this place. Everything was very clean and every detail was well thought out. The rooms are duplexes, with one being larger with a refrigerator and microwave. Each had their own carport as well as a front and back porch. We will definitely stay here again. They had a great continental breakfast and the owner Margaret was super nice.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bjriver
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I grew up in Eureka, and wanted to have my wedding here in the worst way. I had stayed at the place several times, had seen the inside of the lodge - just needed to know pricing and options. We had drove 700 miles (one way) to visit for 3 days, and stayed at their lodge. I texted the wedding coordinator the evening we got there, (I had made the reservation a month prior and was instructed to do so.) I did not hear back from her until the day before we left. All the same, at least I got to meet with her. Went over details, and by the end of it I was 110% sure I wanted my wedding there. She was going to mail the proposal that same week.

Two weeks later I had not received it. Texted her, no response, called and left a voicemail, no response. Finally I called the lodge direct and was able to speak with her. She said she had mailed it, and verified my address. She offered to mail it again, because apparently emailing wasn't an option. I agreed as I know the post office can goof up and lose mail. She instructed me to let her know if I had not received it within 5 days. I gave her 8 with no luck. It is now two weeks later and still nothing. I have given up and moved onto other options.

I had been warned prior to meeting with the lady that they are very flaky out there, and sure enough they wasted well over a month of my time. With that being said, any couples looking for a wedding venue, save yourself the frustration and look elsewhere. Being a former long time resident of Eureka, it's very disheartening to know that kind of customer service is now considered acceptable.

Any time I've ever stayed there the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean, the lawns etc were all tended to. But unfortunately do to the experience I had trying to organize the best day of my life, I will no longer spend any money with them.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple