“Real Coffee Shop”
Review of Folklore Coffee

Folklore Coffee
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Conrad
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to drive several miles from our home to Conrad to visit this awesome coffee shop. Wow - were we ever glad that we did. We were extremely pleased and pleasantly surprised. This is no ordinary coffee shop.

The coffee is roasted in house, the day we were there, we both had Ethiopia Guji. When we made the choice, and placed the order, I had no idea how the coffee was brewed. I was really pleased, the beans were ground immediately before the coffee was brewed, I'd say no more than 15 seconds. There was no time for any oxidation to deteriorate the flavor. Then, Andy started the brewing. The brewing process is pour-over! The most exquisite flavors are extracted from the freshly ground beans.

There was a somewhat fruity, may be a berry character to the flavor, and a subtle chocolate flavor. A few more subtleties that are exquisite, but it's best to try it for yourself. For those who have never experienced pour-over coffee, this is well worth trying. I grew up hearing people say "Coffee smells so good, to bad it doesn't taste as good as it smells."

We'll, this is an obsolete statement. The nose is very fragrant, but the tongue flavors are even more exciting than the aroma. It was so good that we sat at the table for quite a while enjoying it. As it cools, the flavor characteristics change. Each sip is a little different as it cools, and wonderful until the end.

We had two different kinds of cakes that day, they were also uncommonly wonderful, and complemented the wonderful coffee. I had a pumpkin cake, my wife had a cinnamon roll.

The shop is very pleasent and roomy. There's plenty of seating and tables. Nicely lit and very comfortable, casual environment. Can't really recall much else about the shop, I was so impressed by the coffee that I wasn't taking inventory on those details.

I could tell that Andy knows his way around coffee very well, so I bought some roasted beans and asked about a few things. He was happy to answer my questions, and he's a wealth of knowledge.

I would suggest that if anyone is traveling, and looking for a good cup of coffee, stop here for a good experience. If you've had good pour-over, you won't be disappointed. If you haven't, your in for a very pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Folklore has such great coffee, pastries and food!
Their coffee is high quality and all the employees know how to make exceptional drinks.
So thankful they are here!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This is a great coffee shop that not only serves up excellent coffee and food offerings, but does it with great personality. It is difficult to find a coffee shop of this caliber that roasts it's own coffee, is completely unpretentious and welcoming outside of a city, but to find this type of place in a tiny prairie town like Conrad is a true treasure. Andy and the crew will quickly make you feel welcome and serve up a coffee and sweets on par in quality to any Seattle or Portland shop. Always a pleasure to stop by and get a caffeine fix whenever in Conrad.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This place is simply amazing! Experiencing it is a must! I go in every time I go to Conrad! They don't just serve up the fare but make it an experience! Art shows and other activities are always going on! Definitely a must if you are ever in Conrad!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Clean friendly place to get amazing coffee and a light lunch, great soups and sandwiches I recommend to anyone~