“Not a bad accidental find”
Review of Open range

Open range
Ranked #32 of 260 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Montana experience in handcrafted food and drink. Open from 4 PM-5 PM for cocktail hours. 5 PM-10 PM for dinner service. Bar is open until 2 AM.
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We were simply walking around Bozeman at our usual dinner time, and happened to stumble on Open range. It's a modern, urban restaurant , with a huge bar offering hand made cocktails, a nice bunch of beers, and a fairly large wine list. the menu has everything from paisan style short ribs for appetizers, to $90 tomato ribeye steaks!

My wife opted for the asian style ribs as an entree' , and I had their rib eye steak. We each had a house salads. My wife a glass of white wine, and I elected to try the dealer's choice cocktail.The dealers choice was pretty much an old fashioned done not quite right, but it was drinkable. Our meals were good, and service was very good.

abit pricey, and I might be of the opinion that they are trying little too hard to be hip and urban. good food. Good service, and quality adult drinks will get them farther than the image of bien hip and urban.

It has the right elements, they just have not yet jelled to the point where they have achieved their fine dinning goal

1  Thank wdlander

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Had reservations on a Sunday for a booth, which they accommodated.
Was greeted pleasantly at the door a bit earlier than our time, but after a drink at a table top were were readily seated.
They try to space the seating to not overly push the kitchen staff.

Ordered the beef filet topped with onions..delicious!
Had the 16 oz beef ribeye, also ordered medium. Came out as ordered.Again very good.
Sides of Yukon gold mashed potatoes and cream spinach were perfect.
They offer two sizes of sides. The smaller were good for two people.

Interesting that they do not offer bread, but really did not need it

It is a bit noisy as the restaurant is fairly large, split in two areas.

1  Thank IMHunter
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Right in middle of town -shops galore! The restaurant has cool decor, fab bar, interesting menus & great food. A pleasant evening

Reviewed 15 August 2018

My husband and I were recently in Bozeman and I decided to take him here for a nice birthday dinner. We walked in around 6 PM and were told they were full for the night without reservations (completely my bad), but we could sit at an open table by the bar. It took forever for a waitress to even acknowledge us and bring drinks/menus. When our food finally came out, my tenderloin (ordered medium) and it came out very rare and I had to send it back. A different waitress returned my tenderloin and very rudely flopped it on the table and scurried off without a smile or saying a word. I felt like I inconvenienced her by sending back the $47 meal that they messed up to begin with. From start to finish, we were here for over TWO hours which seemed ridiculous as the tables around us seemed to get their items much faster. It's a shame because the food was good; however, for the higher menu prices and horrid service it's absolutely NOT worth it.

1  Thank tiffany1737
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Very friendly service, wedge and endive salads were tasty and crispy.
Ribeye was tasty, tender and delicious. I will be back!