“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: On the corner of Bozeman and Main Street
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We had heard mixed reviews about this restaurant. Yes, it’s loud; yes, private seating for 2 is mostly at high tops or at the bar (even for reservations) but everything we had was delicious including the pasta dishes and the buttermilk panna cotta.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Not a whole lot to say about this place. The pizza is not bad but it's not amazing. I've been here three times and haven't been very impressed each time. My biggest gripe is how stuffy the staff are. I mean, goodness, it's a pizza restaurant... not the Ritz Carlton.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I was recently on a road trip which took us through Bozeman. What a great town. We were recommended Blackbird Kitchen by a friend and were so happy we decided to go for dinner. The service was friendly and the atmosphere is upscale, yet laid back. We started our meal with the cheese platter. Make sure you order this if you are a fan of cheese. It was delicious. The platter comes with crystalline honey from a local honey shop. Wow! I then ordered a wood fire pizza, and my friend ordered a pasta dish. I was blown away by my pizza. The crust was perfectly crisp, the pizza was thin, and the flavors incredible. We sat at the bar close to the open kitchen, so we got to watch all of the pizzas and other plates being completed. Overall, and excellent meal with great atmosphere. I can not recommend this place enough!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

What a fabulous restaurants, open air kitchen, brick walls, intimate dining, take the time to look at the restaurant. The food was great, we had finished a hike and came in and had homemade Pizza out of the ovens ! We got there early and it filled up very quickly, it has side bars where you can sit open view to the kitchen ! A lot of atmosphere !

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Have to try the pizza! Blackbird serves pizza with super fresh, locally sourced toppings perfectly cooked with crispy edges in their custom wood fired pizza oven. Don't overlook the pasta made in house fresh daily. Open kitchen so you can see the impressive prep coordination and speed while the staff works together.