“Dog Friendly Patio Dining”
Review of Fresco Cafe

Fresco Cafe
Ranked #34 of 264 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Best restaraunt in Bozeman. Everything on the menu is fantastic.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

A local friend recommended this restaurant to meet at for dinner as we were passing through with our small dog. We arrived early to be sure we claimed a patio table. Very cute location next to a little flowing stream. We were able to take advantage of Happy Hour and so we ordered wine. Dinner special was the Lamb Ragu Fettuccini and we both ordered that. It was delicious with locally sourced ingredients. Very quiet atmosphere so great for catching up with our friend. Our server was very attentive and even brought our dog a water bowl when she served us water. I would recommend this place to locals or travelers if looking for a nice Italian meal.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We loved Fresco Cafe as we were traveling through Bozeman with our dog. They immediately acknowledged him and brought him a bowl of water. The food was very tasty, we had paninis which were fabulous and a glass of rose which was wonderful on a warm afternoon. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Fresco was our go to restaurant in Bozeman. Not now. We went for lunch on 8/10 and ordered our usual, Manhattan salad shared and 2 pesto cavatappi gluten free pasta’s with artichokes and roma tomatoes. The salad was wonderful. The pastas came out very cold. The kitchen warmed them up, luke warm and over sauced. Sent it back AGAIN. Manager is ignoring the issue as the wonderful waitress takes care of the problem. We ask for only one pasta to share, it is hot, but still too much sauce. The manager deducted one entree. What poor management, never came over to talk to us and stood behind the bar everting eye contact!! We were told that there was a new chef!! We won’t be back anytime soon. We are so sad.

Date of visit: August 2018
Susan N, Owner at Fresco Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

We are sorry that you had a bad experience, especially since you were a regular. We value our many wonderful customers who we've gotten to know over the years. We do have a new chef, but we have had very positive feedback on their performance. It sounds like the manager saw that our server was doing everything they could to remedy the situation, and therefore didn't intervene. We work hard to keep our customers happy and are glad that our server did such a good job. Again, I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Tried this Restaurant for the First Time ...
Very Disappointed! Immediately after eating, we were asked to LEAVE by the espresso drinking Manager! He said, “A Party of 5 is waiting for this Table!”
HOW RUDE! WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN! WILL TELL EVERYONE WE KNOW NOT TO EAT THERE!
The Good News is ... Living in Bozeman, we have LOTS of Restaurant Choices ... And, they are all GRATEFUL FOR OUR PATRONAGE AND BUSINESS! NOT RUDE!

Date of visit: August 2018

I am very sorry that you felt you were treated badly. On busy sumer nights we sometimes have to let tables know if there is another table waiting to be seated. We are a small restaurant and we have only a couple of tables that accommodate 5 comfortably. I apologize if that was not communicated to you in a professional manner.
We are very grateful for our customers and their patronage.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My husband, our son, and I were in town from Nebraska, visiting our nephew, who recommended this spot. I had the ravioli, while my husband had the lasagna with Italian sausage. As we normally do, we tasted each other's dishes. I loved the extra kick the sausage gave his lasagna--delicious! I felt that I was the "winner," though, with my ravioli. It. Was. AMAZING. Our son, who is eleven and picky, had plain spaghetti noodles. He loved them. He let me have his focaccia bread (lucky me!!!), which was fabulous! Then, my nephew insisted on sharing some tiramisu with us, which I've never liked. Um--I'm a convert! I LOVED it!! It. Was. AWESOME!!! Our waitress, Kris (sp?) was fabulous, very friendly and attentive but not crowding us. The area was small-ish, yet there was plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. I loved the photography throughout. I'd definitely go back and would highly recommend this stop to anyone heading to Bozeman!

Date of visit: July 2018