“Family Reunion for MSU graduate”

Gallatin River Grill
Ranked #61 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$23 - US$40
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Gallatin River Grill is the most spectacular place to dine in Bozeman and southwest Montana! With breath taking views, creative & classic cuisine, an outstanding wine selection and a full bar, the lodge guarantees a dining experience you will remember. We are so appreciative of our local farms, ranches & dairies that allow us to bring such quality products to our guests. Our wine list boasts unique selections from around the globe. Our dining rooms offer picturesque views of the Spanish Peaks, a table side trout pond, grazing dear, eagles & hawks and the occasional rainbow. The Lodge also offers an exceptional space for corporate dinner parties, weddings, retreats or any array of special events. We are open nightly and reservations are appreciated!
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time here for a family Sunday dinner ! The food from start to finish was excellent. The Sausages, the Hanger Steak, the Halibut, perfectly prepared and presented. We enjoyed the cheese plates and the Rhubarb Mojito ! The waiter was overly attentive and said "Absolutely" quite a lot, but he was nice and funny. The grounds and interior of the Lodge were just what we were looking for. It was only minutes from downtown Bozeman, but seemed a world away.....

fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

541food,
Thank you for visiting us for your family Sunday dinner. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the food, service, and overall experience. We will certainly pass it along to our staff. We look forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We just got home from dinner at the Gallatin River Grill. During the dinner the entire glass next to us was open to a beautiful field with a pond and a beautiful view of the mountains. As this was one of the first really warm days of spring we all enjoyed the warm air and view. We should have left after we enjoyed the view. The rest of the dinner was a disappointment. For our appetizers, the two couples of us shared the Local Cheese Plate and Flatbread. They were OK but overpriced for what we got. I ordered the Red Quinoa Salad which had not flavor and was very boring. We then waited and waited and waited for our main courses to arrive. One of our waitresses finally came to our table to ask how our meal was so far. When my husband told her we were still waiting for our dinners, she quickly disappeared and another waitress came to check on us and told us our dinners were coming soon. She came again several minutes later to tell us the dishes were being plated right then. After another 15 minutes the dinner was still not at our table. Finally the dishes came. My Tamair Grilled Maitake Mushroom with coconut and curry Israeli cous cous was not good. What a waste of a good mushroom. It tasted like tissue paper, no flavor at all. My husband's Pan Roasted Filet, ordered medium rare, came out medium and had no flavor according to him. The waitress apologized for the delay and offered us free dessert. I ordered Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee. The sugar topping was good. The custard was not creamy, but lumpy and was not sweet enough. I am aware that my opinion of the food depends on my taste, but I did not enjoy it past the appetizers. The nice two hour dinner we had planned turned into a tasteless dinner of three hours. This will not be a place I will recommend. I may go there again, but it will not be my suggestion. Food was VERY mediocre and overpriced for the quality. There are too many better choices in Bozeman to waste time and money on this place.

Carol E,

We appreciate your feedback from your recent dining experience with us, and sincerely apologize for not meeting and exceeding all of your expectations. One of the most important things that we can do is learn from our challenges. We have gathered our team and discussed the events of that evening, and are taking all of the necessary steps to ensure that we provide an incredible dining experience for all guests who visit us. It is also important that we provide extraordinary, delectable dishes prepared with local offerings, impeccable dining service, and a beautiful location, all at a fair price. I am glad that we were able to speak more about that evening, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

It was great that my husband and I could enjoy very different meals. He went for heavier fare (fried oysters (the freshest he'd ever eaten) and local pork sausage), while mine was more delicate (smoked Montana trout escabeche and shiitake mushroom agnolotti--both locally sourced). We shared a chocolate mousse dessert and a Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. Excellent choice for an upscale dinner.

fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Carol D,
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us at Gallatin River Grill! Thank you for sharing your dining experience. We hope to see you and your husband again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

My wife and I ate at the Gallatin River Grill when we stayed at the lodge. The food was excellent and the service was very good as well. We enjoyed our stay, and are looking forward to doing it again sometime in the future.

fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

19markt84,
Thank you so much for staying and dining with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2017

The lodge is nothing short of wonderful. In the winter, when we have stayed there, it is quiet and peaceful. The rooms are large with spa tube, shower, large screen TV, queen or king bed and the most comfortable bedding imaginable. The property is located on the edge of town near the river. The staff is always very accommodating and friendly. This is a first rate inn/hotel. The only thing to top the accommodations may be the restaurant. We eat dinner and breakfast there each time we stay. The food has always been excellent, but this last time, it was outstanding. The wine list was fairly extensive with a good selection and price range. The soup and roasted root vegetable salad were delicious. I had the beef which was very tasty and prepared perfectly. My wife and friends had the special of the evening which was equally good. It was truly one of the best meals that I’ve had in recent years. Our server was also great, very friendly and knowledgeable of the wine list and menu. We had a wonderful dinner and I would highly recommend it.
We also had breakfast at the lodge. They take ordinary breakfast items and make them into extraordinary experience. The staff was very friendly and accommodated our special requests. This is truly a real find for dinner, breakfast, or a place to stay.

fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Jes22,
Thank you so much for your incredibly kind review! We are so happy that you have enjoyed your time with us, and continue to love our food! We can't wait to have you again.