“Best Mexican Food I've Found in Montana”

El Corral Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 386 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I grew up in the south and love Mexican food whether Tex Mex, Santa Fe or Coastal styles. It is tough to find decent Mexican food in Montana, to say the least. Stopped by this little cafe this past weekend and such a pleasant surprise! Really good and fresh food on the "Santa Fe Style" side. The cheese tamale left me craving more. Both the mild and hot salsas were freshly made but the hot was more on target for my taste. The refried beans were reminiscent of some of the best I've ever had in Texas and Oklahoma! If you are a flour tortilla snob, you'll be disappointed. The sopapillas were different but very tasty none the less. The little cafe offered a casual and clean atmosphere with fair prices for generous portions. I was very pleased to have had found this little gem in Billings, Montana. I’ll be back!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Authentic Mexican flair up in the north is tough at times. ElCorral does a great job capturing the flavors. Great burritos and everything else we have had. We will return for more to enjoy.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank W8090VSjasonh
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Everything from the salsa, the Tamale, the Enchilada, the soft corn shell taco, even the rice & beans, everything was awesome. We then topped it all off with the Caramel Apple Chimichanga. Dang! The server was knowledgeable about the menu, efficient and attentive. She actually seemed to be happy to be there.
The only criticisms I would have are:
1) the decor is not as authentically Mexican as the food.
2) A Margarita or two would have been good.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017

The food is very good and the prices are reasonable. There are many options on combos that allow one to choose exactly the meal options desired. Having to go next door to the casino to get a beer is a bit of a pain, but at least the option is available. Service was a little slow - probably because the restaurant does a lot of take out business.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We dined at El Corral last week and to say we were disappointed is an understatement. From the time our order was taken, until we received our food, was over an hour and 15 minutes. People that walked in a half hour after we did had their food before we did.
I don't think we will be in a hurry to revisit this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2017