“The Amenities listed are wrong.”

Extended Stay America - Billings - West End
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I booked this hotel using a 3rd party website. We normally spend at least `1 night a month in Billings, often more than that. We were staying an extra day and decided we would try something new. After this experience, I remember why I stick with what I know to be a good hotel and not venture off.

When I booked it, I knew this was the hotel that would be chosen before it was booked due to the "bed choice". The beds are doubles. Didn't think they had double beds anymore but figured the 4 of us could make it work because the amenities would make up for it. Wrong. The first thing listed on that site is... "Coffee/tea in common areas". Wrong. Maybe for breakfast but not all day. There is even a picture showing coffee but nothing. The room has a kitchenette of course so coffee shouldn't be an issue. Wrong.

Also on the list was Free breakfast. Most people would take that to mean there is breakfast. Not granola bars and oatmeal. Wrong again. It's a good thing I saved money getting this thru the other site because I'm going to have to spend that extra money on breakfast elsewhere.

The bathroom could use a soap dish instead of having to put the soap on the counter. We are using a my soap dish I brought from home.

Also, we had to ask for basic items. Since there was no premade coffee, I had to ask for the coffee maker and coffee. But oops, no creamer.

I noticed that a month ago the same basic complaints were made so it's a common complaint.

The only thing going for it was the room was mostly clean. The toilet was "wet" on top, my son said someone already used the bathroom, but I believe it was poor wiping after cleaning. That said, I used a wash cloth and soap to reclean it. From my experience with the front desk guy wearing a Tshirt, I didn't expect much.

I'll be going back to my normal. Live and learn.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Billings - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for the candid review. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression. We fell short in making that happen for you, and we are truly sorry. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Billings - West End

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Having my own dishes in a room, and preparing my own meals makes this hotel best choice for me. The staff was more than helpful. There was no problem with parking. They even accommodated our request for early check in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Billings - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thanks for making Extended Stay America - Billings - West End a part of your travel plans. We are delighted to know you liked your well-equipped room and were very much impressed with the top-notch service provided by our associates. It was a pleasure having you here, and we look forward hosting you both again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The rooms were very nice and clean and we're a very good price. The customer service however was horrible. My fiancée and I asked for some dishes and the lady was very rude and told my fiancée if we wanted dishes we were gonna have to come get them because she was too busy. Very rude.

Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Billings - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. Although you liked our rooms and the affordable rates, we are sorry for the service issues you experienced with one of our associates. We are redoubling our training efforts to make sure this is not repeated. Please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you and your family should always expect from us.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel charges extra for a 2 beds instead of 1, something we did not know when booking online. Breakfast is also very meager, just granola bars and coffee. Otherwise the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Having a fridge and microwave in the room is a plus.

Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Billings - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America - Billings - West End. We are pleased to know your overall stay was enjoyable and that you liked your well-equipped room. With that said, I regret the inconvenience you experienced during your visit. We hope this will not deter you from choosing us again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We came in early hours of the evening, and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and showers/water pressure was great! Our room have a small kitchenette as well.

It didn't have a blow dryer which is not a huge deal, but would have been nice. It was perfect for what we needed - a clean, comfortable pit stop in our trip!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Billings - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for making Extended Stay America - Billings - West End a part of your travel plans. We are happy to know you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and were impressed with our courteous associates. It was a pleasure having you here, and we hope you will come and see us again in the near future.