All reviews red deer west yellowstone hot breakfast great restaurant outdoor fireplace room rate big sky area free breakfast great place to stay minute drive potatoes gallatin river fresh fruit king bed ski trip big sky ski resort comfortable beds
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

No complaints but nothing that sets it apart. At least 10 minute drive to Big Sky but they provide a shuttle service. Free breakfast was included it was also average buffet style food. The rooms were average size but clean and nice looking. The staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint were the sheets were extremely scratchy and uncomfortable which is not something I'm picky about or even normally notice in hotels. The views were beautiful and the rooms were very reasonable price. Good value and would stay again but nothing noteworthy just your average hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda R
Reviewed 18 March 2017

The room was very nice and was just what we needed for a late check in and early morning departure. I slept well on the queen bed. We were not impressed with the breakfast. My eggs were cold and ham was tough.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Margie C
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Let me say right off that I'm not a fan of the "snob" reviews that typically start with "I've travelled extensively..." I'm just trying to be honest. If you want to stay really close to Big Sky, you're not mountainside here. That was a mistake I made when booking. The rooms are really pretty simple. We stayed on the second floor near the stairs and if anyone went up or down, it was very creaky/noisy. If you want a variety of options outside your door - not here. The restaurant has good food and that may be the best part. I'm sorta burnt out on eating out anywhere as I prefer good home cooking so I'm not a good resource to base food quality but I think most folks really like it. Overall not great, not bad but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill L
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I chose Big Sky for my learn to ski adventure for the sheer beauty that was rumored and it did not disappoint. I picked Bucks because of the good price range and the fact that the shuttle picked you right up at the door, which is nice for a novice mountain driver. The complimentary full breakfast buffet, which was different everyday, was a great way to start the day! The rooms were clean and extremely homey and comfortable beds. While an older hotel, it was well maintained. A great view of the mountain and two outdoor hot tubs to keep you warm ! I liked that the key was not just a generic key card, but a real electronic key! Made me more accountable- as opposed to a key card which I could always get another and is wasteful.Very pleasant trip, I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Just returned form Buck for a 4 day ski trip. this place is by far the best deal on the mountain - the value for the room rate, lift tickets and included breakfast - you simply can not beat. its a basic no bones lodge that gets the job done. take advantage of the shuttle service and do not rent a car but hire Karst Coach instead to get you form Bozeman to Bucks.

Micheal at the front desk was very helpful as well.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends