“Great apart from today!”

Milkie's Pizza & Pub
Ranked #38 of 66 Restaurants in Big Sky
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We’ve enjoyed a beer in here after skiing often this season and the pizza is great!
However we went in today and were completely ignored by the barmaid Sophie who when she eventually decided to speak to us refused to serve us as we hadn’t tipped her for drinks previously! (We had tipped for food but not not for 2 beers during happy hour) I apologised and tried to explain that it’s not usual to tip for drinks in the UK (where we are from) but I was just ignored. This was our last day in Big Sky this season and the whole thing made me really sad. I don’t think we’ll be returning to Milkies next year.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Milkies is the first bar I went to when I moved into town. Ever since that day it's been my favorite place to eat, drink and hang out. I skimmed over the reviews and didn't notice very many locals pitching in, but I have noticed some wads from out of town trying to give their expert opinion on the food and service. We get it, you travel, congratulations. This bar is for people who want to experience Big Sky if your passing through. Otherwise it is the locals hang out. Stop acting surprised that you didn't get good service. Ask yourself something. When you walked in the door, did the overall ambiance suggest that this was anything other than a locals bar? I mean, your pretty worldly so I expect you would have the ability to read a room.
Bottom line is that Milkies has great food. The atmosphere is a ski town bar. It gets loud and wild after 8 or 9. The staff is great and they will treat you well if you don't act like you own them. Get there early if you want to get a pizza and a cheese steak sandy(my personal favorite) if you are scared of ski bum shenanigans. Come in late and have fun with the homies. Milkies is one of the last great ski town bars. Chill out tourist foodie reviewer

1  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We got in late to Big Sky and began internet-searching for an open restaurant for take out. This is how we found Milkie's. We tried calling in our order, but no one answered the phone. So, we headed over to check it out for ourselves. As soon as we walked in it was easy to see why our call wasn't answered- the place was packed. The energy was high and the employees were very friendly. Our pizzas were delicious.

Tips:
- the kitchen closes at 10pm, but the bar is open until 2am
- if you're looking for a quiet dining experience, this may not be the place for you. However, it's probably more mellow the earlier you arrive. (We were there at 9:30pm.)
- not much is open late at night in Big Sky. Milkie's is definitely a great option.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

It was late night during the week. We had pizza and drinks. The pizza was good and the drinks are good. It was a bit hectic so service was ok, place is small and warm.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

This was a great place for a lower priced meal. Pizza was good, beer selection was limited. Environment was a littler noisy.