“MUST DO!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

What an awesome and unique experience. My husband and our two teenagers rode the snow cat up the mountain to a beautifully decorated yurt. While we waited for dinner we had fun at the sled run and by the fire pit. I loved that there was no electricity. The service and food was amazing. It is BYOB for alcohol for the adults. They make great hot chocolate for the kids. This is something you should not miss when in Big Sky. Make reservations early as they fill up quickly. We lucked out as we were on a waiting list the week were there.

1  Thank Anne B

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had so much fun on this with our friends. The food was surprisingly good, the ride up was fun, and it was an experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The experience was like nothing I've ever seen or done. I brought a group of 25 people to the yurt for dinner. Every moment, from the ride up the mountain, to the excellent dinner, and the sledding, was exceptional. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This is so much fun! We rode up on top of the snowcat where we were allowed to bring our adult beverages. After the ride you are ushered inside the yurt for yummy french onion soup then it's outside again for a fire and sledding. The sled hill is steep enough for adults to have fun and push sledding limits but fine for kids too. Back inside for dinner the fillet is absolutely superb! So tender and cooked perfectly to order. In all a fantastic, do-not-miss dinner experience.

If you plan on riding on top of the snowcat, sledding or standing by the fire then snow pants are advisable. Also it can get pretty warm in the yurt so you want to wear layers.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The Montana Yurt Dinner was by far the best experience I had at Big Sky. From start (riding up he mountain in a big cat) to end (chocolate fondue) this experience can’t be beat. The food was amazing - the steak and garlic mashed potatoes were delicious and seemed to come from a 5 star dining experience. I would recommend the Yurt Dinner to anyone and everyone going to Big Sky!

Been to Montana Dinner Yurt? Share your experiences!