“specail people in special place”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Big Sky
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I need to keep this short to increase the odds of you reading this. The staff at this lodge were magnificent, from the management to the maid services unmatched to any I have ever had the opportunity to experience.

on July 3rd I was involved in a near fatal motorcycle accident. From the time I arrived 8 hours late from check-in, The staff at the lodge helped me to not worry about what I would do in the morning. My reservation was for one night and I had no way to leave. No pressure to get checkout the next day, accommodated any need that I had while I was stranded. All I can say is you never know what someone will do until it actually happens. But I can assure you that the Lodge at Big Sky stepped up and did what needed to be done for me without regard to money. I just cant say enough about the humanity and respect that they showed me in a very frightening time for me. if you ever have an opportunity to stay here please do you will be amazed at the old school professionalism and customer services. Thank you Big Sky sorry it took so long to get this up.. Forrest

Room Tip: the rooms themselves are a view "beautiful"
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Shivam P, General Manager at The Lodge at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Forrest360,

Going the extra mile for our guests is just in our culture here. It's never a problem to go there for someone in your condition. Thanks for letting others know about your experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

It was our first visit and was a bit leary when we checked in, the parking lot was empty. After dinner two bus loads of tourists arrived. The facilities met our expectations, front desk was friendly and breakfast was just right.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

azzklaun,

Our summer operations are interesting to say the least. Most of our clientele come on tour buses after 9 o'clock so our hotel looks empty most of the time. It's a very common thing that our non-tour guests comment on. Pretty funny. Thanks for the complements and we'll hopefully see you again in the winter.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Only stayed there for a night, but it was cozy, warm and quit, just what you expect from the mountain resort. Room was clean and spacious, good value for money. Lobby area has a lovely fire place and its nice to spend few hours relaxing.

Stayed: October 2016
Shivam P, General Manager at The Lodge at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Ugne D,

Thanks for choosing us as the accommodations during your trip and for taking the time for letting others know about your experience. Hopefully you'll come visit us again sometime in the winter.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We visited the Lodge at Big Sky during the off-season, so we did not run into many people or animals. What made the visit to this hotel memorable was Bryan, who checked us into the hotel. He talked to us about prime locations for skiing (he started skiing at age 3) and restaurants in the area. We were undecided about where to eat dinner, so Bryan let us look through a "menu book" kept at the front desk, which showcased menu selections from several nearby restaurants. He went out of his way to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one (thanks again, Bryan!).

We ended up at Gallatin Riverhouse Grill (a bit of a drive from the hotel, but definitely worth it). I want to thank the hostess who owns a beanie and light brown boots for the excellent service she provided to us both nights we visited. Exhausted from sightseeing, we ordered our food to go. She offered us drinks while we waited and made sure our orders were correct before handing us the to-go bags (utensils, lots of butter and BBQ sauce). I can personally recommend their brisket--very tender--and they do not skimp on the portions.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara P
Shivam P, General Manager at The Lodge at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Sara P,

You must've stayed in the winter. Bryan was with us for the winter season, I'll be sure to shoot him a text about your shout out. The food is the best thing about Big Sky, besides the skiing of course, and the Riverhouse is definitely in my top 3. I'm glad to hear you got to taste their food. Hopefully we'll see you next season.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first trip to Big Sky Montana and we highly recommend The Lodge at Big Sky! The lodge itself has spectacular views, great outdoor hottubs,delicious included hot breakfast, and the staff people were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The front desk person named Shivum was incredibly helpful with lots of insider tips about sunset viewing spots, best hikes, best restaurants (he even gave us their phone numbers!), where to see horses etc. We followed every one of his tips and were happy all the way around! A big thank you to Shivum and The Lodge at Big Sky. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen D
Shivam P, General Manager at The Lodge at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Karen D,

Thank you for the recommendation. We strive to make all experiences like yours. Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

General Manger